We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

McHenry, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

Would like to travel to Door County for long weekend in October with our RV. Any suggestions for parking sites? Would like a waterview if possible. RV hookups not necessary but Ok if available. Should we rent a car to explore the area on Saturday? Suggested visiting sites? Thanks in advance-we are 1st time visitors to the area.

McHenry, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

Forgot to mention we are two adults--no children.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

I can't think of any waterfront RV sites. I know that, for fall color weekends, Peninsula State Park books a year in advance, and many RVers still don't get an electric site. While most activites for first-time tourists center around Peninsula State Park, I think the only place to rent a car in Door County is in Sturgeon Bay. Go to doorcounty.com for campsite info and car rental information. If you rent a car, explore the area around Egg Harbor thru Sister Bay on the bayside and Baileys Harbor on the lakeside. Plenty of more detailed suggestions in answers to other questions on this forum. If you want more information on things to go, let us know what you are interested in.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

You didn't mention what weekend in October, but if it's either of the first two weekends in October I would strongly advise against it. The first weekend is Pumpkin Patch which is almost if not just as busy as the 4th of July. The second weekend is Sister Bay Fall Fest which used to be the largest until Pumpkin Patch got so huge a few years ago but still draws a big crowd. May want to think late September or the third weekend of October.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

Kind of a long shot but call Fish Creek /Alibi Marinas and ask if you can park in the parking lot by the marina. You can walk to everything and not rent a car.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

There are no water view campgrounds that I am aware of. You can rent a car in Sturgeon Bay, and you will need one, because you will be exploring throughout northern Door. Go to www.doorcounty.com to get a better idea of what to see and do.

6. Re: Suggestions for a waterview RV site--hookups not needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 06:15