We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

I would like to know what is your favorite fish fry in Door county? Preferably Perch. No fish boils or whitefish recommendations please. I have been to Sister Bay Bowl for perch (sad to say I haven't tried anywhere else). Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Sister Bay Bowl serves deep-fried perch. Try both the pan-fried and deep-fried perch at the Cornerstone in Bailey's Harbor. We've also had good deep-fried perch at the Cabin in Sturgeon Bay. If you end up taking your kids to PC Junction, have the perch sandwich.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

My favorite used to Weisgerbers, now the Cornerstone Pub, but last time wasn't as good for me as it had been. One that a lot of people are raving about is John Henrys at the Stonehedge golf course just outside of Egg Harbor. Planning on hitting that when I am back up in June.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

That's too bad, rfn. We have not noticed any drop-off in quality since the ownership change. Cornerstone is our favorite.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
187 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Glidden Lodge, beautiful views, and always a great meal.

www.innline.com/Doorweb/property.asp…

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Thanks! Those were great suggestions since I haven't been to those restaurants yet. How is the Shoreline Restaurant or the Greenwood Supperclub?

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Like the Sister Bay Bowl, the Greenwood hasn't changed in about 40 years. Old-time Door County people will say that the Greenwood is better known for whitefish (both broiled and fried) than perch, but that's not to say that the perch is not very good.

The Greenwood, Cornerstone and Sister Bay Bowl all have fish fry specials twice a week. I think that's a good indication that the fish frys are very good.

The late Pat Bruno, the former restaurant critic for the Chicago Sun-Times, said that the Greenwood had the best fish fry he's ever had.

I think a lot depends on where, specifically, you are staying. We were told by the landlady at our rental that the best perch was at Mr. G's south of Jacksonport. I know there are plenty of taverns in the south part of Door County that have fish frys. But, since we stay further north, and don't want to drive that far for dinner, we have not been to those places.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Unfortunately, John Henry's is out of business.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

For many years, we ate perch at Sister Bay Bowl.................and it was always very good.

However, several years ago, we switched to A C Tap (just south of Sister Bay)

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

We just tried Julie's Park Cafe' (4020 State Highway 42 548, Fish Creek · (920) 868-2999), One of the best Perch dinners we have had. Very Impressed.Huge portions. Excellent Service.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite fish fry in Door County?

Just to add my two cents worth . . . I was just in Door County and thoroughly enjoyed my walleye fish fry (AYCE = $13.95) at the Mink River Basin Supper Club in Ellison Bay. They also offer perch AYCE for $15.95. It was outstanding!