We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less expensive lodging suggestions

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Less expensive lodging suggestions

I'll admit, this is a tad embarrassing. I'm a regular poster here but can't remember some suggestions for a quick, simple, less expensive stay. We usually go up in October for our anniversary and prefer 2BR/2BA condos with extra amenities. This time, we're not sure if we'll just come for the day or spend one night. So in order to cut the budget a bit, I'm looking for something simple. I also figure this will be a good place to help others who have the same question.

I remember that the Lull-Abi in Egg Harbor has been suggested and gets terrific reviews, we were very happy with the Somerset in Ephraim and may consider them. The plus there is both the indoor and outdoor pool. Others have suggested Main Street in Fish Creek. For a small suite Homestead seems nice (and have always been very friendly on the phone) but we're fine with something smaller for just one night.

Oh and don't even THINK of suggesting camping! I'm a Frozen Gal, NOT a Camping Gal--hiking yes, sleeping in a tent, no way!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

http://www.juliesmotel.com/ This is one that came to mind along with Lull-abi you mentioned

Edited: 15 July 2013, 18:18
WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

http://www.affordabledoorcounty.com/ also check here High Point Inn is featured which I thought of mentioning for it's indoor/outdoor pools and it's billing as "affordable luxury suites"

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

http://www.highpointinn.com/ It has been on my radar, it's not right in town on the water but I like the two pools as well!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

Thanks Hatch, I almost PM'd you but figured this way more people could benefit from your vast knowledge! We've stayed at Highpoint in the past, probably about 7 years ago. Hmm, I wouldn't have called it "affordable luxury suites". There price is quite a bit higher for the dates I'm looking at (last week of July, mid-week) than Somerset, Lulliby, comparable to Homestead, which is on the lower end. We preferred Newport and usually stay there, it's got the BEST pool I've had, very large, very warm and very welcoming.

WOW! I I went to the link, I'd hardly put the Glidden Lodge on an affordable website! We toured it and it's beautiful, but their summer 1 BR is quite expensive. Maybe the term "affordable" is geared to the Illinois set! I hate to put rates on here as they may change, but it's similar to any other condo style set-up and on the higher price end. It's about 50-75% more than some, the same as others.

Julie's is one of those that's often been mentioned, thanks for listing them. As I talked to DH, he's fine with spending a bit more, so we're going with Somerset again, I like their set up and really enjoy their pools. Sadly we can only fit the one night in, but even then I felt the lure of a slightly larger room and a swimming pool. If I just didn't enjoy swimming so much, I'd try Lullaby.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

which is why I almost didn't mention it (High Point) as I find it "higher" myself. I think Somserset looks great. Ephraim Shores is also more on the affordable end if memory serves correctly and they have a restaurant.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

Depending on the date, especially if it is Pumpkin Patch weekend (10/12,13,14) or Fall Fest weekend (10/18,& 19) finding a place for only night only may be virtually impossible. Those weekend most places will require a 2 or 3 might minimum.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

Shoot! I just wrote a long reply and when I sent it I got an error message from TA that it was an invalid address. So, here it is again. DC, we'll be going on this trip the end of July, mid-week, so it's not a problem for us. However when we go in October for our anniversary we often go midweek to make sure we can get a reservation and to avoid the crowds. I was surprised that so many places would accept a single night, but I doubt if they would have if it were on a weekend.

Here's a piece of advice. At one site, it online reservation showed there were no rooms, but when I called he said it defaults to two nights, but there was one night available in a couple rooms. It's always a good idea to call directly.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

I do like calling directly too for the very reason you point out FTG. That is good for others to know too, thanks for mentioning it.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

FTG-

I believe you would be welcomed warmly at the Lull-Abi...just sayin'!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less expensive lodging suggestions

Hmm Sailing, I figured that out the other day when I was checking out the places, it seems like a very nice welcoming place. And here I was thinking it was Bay Point Inn, if you get my drift.

I'll definitely have to try it sometime, but for now, I keep picturing myself swimming at Somerset. Well, maybe if Lull-Abi had a REALLY big bird bath I'd substitute that. Maybe by the time this hot summer is over, I'll be sick of swimming. OR, as the prices seem very good, I could use it to talk DH into an extra trip sometime in the next few weeks. I'd tell him I'd (sigh) I'd sacrifice a swim to try a new place and save a little money....I think that may work! Plus, if we don't have time to golf, I'll tell him that NEXT trip will be for golf. Hey, this plan may just work...

I'm sorry to see you have your Private Messaging turned off. I was going to send you one, but feel free to send him one and I can reply if you wish.