We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canned goods, markets, etc.

midwest
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Topic
Canned goods, markets, etc.

I grew up eating my mom's delicious canned goods including fruits, veggies, jams and the like. Sadly I never learned how to can before she passed away unexpectedly.

I don't think I am interested in the whole canning process ( too much work ) so I love and appreciate the goodies I find throughout Door County. We go at least once a year and many times 2x and I find myself stocking up not only for me and hubby but also for stocking stuffers for our grown kids. They love getting jars of chopped cherry jam or dried door county cherries. Seaquist has some delicious salad dressings such as summer tomato ( think that's the name.

What are your favorite places to go for canned goods and why? I go to different places for different reasons.

midwest
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

Sammie Raes, in Egg Harbor was mentioned on another thread thanks to Sailing Fan. I will definitely check it out on our next trip. thanks Sailing Fan!

We now squeeze in another stop, thanks to Rickmp ( I think it was you, Rickmp) a couple of years ago

Koepsel's was mentioned. This is kinda a twofer. Half antique store and half farm market. It is In Bailey's Harbor. If one likes a variety of beer/hard ciders, this is the place for you. Also, jams, sausages, popcorn, etc.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

I have been going to Bea's in Gills Rock for years. It has just about every kind of jam or jelly you can think of.

midwest
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

Bea's homemade is a definite stop. I think it has the widest selection of jams, jellies, pickles, you name it -that I have ever seen in my life!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
995 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

Mmmmmmmm!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

Ironically, when we were at SImon Creek Winery, they had homemade jams and jellies, including ones with wine that were made in Sheboygan! At least they're Wisconsin made. I know people who swear by Bea's.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
995 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

Koepsel's hot pickled asparagus...just asked a guest to pick some up for me today!

7. Re: Canned goods, markets, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:19