We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
421 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Need some advice

I go to Door County every winter/early spring with my Mom and two sisters and stay Wed.-Sun morning. We've been staying at the same place, Pheasant Park, for the last 7 years. We already have our reservations for 2014, but might want to switch it up a little.

I'm looking for lodging that we've become used to at Pheasant Park. We typically get a 3 bedroom unit. It has 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen, dining room and living room. It doesn't matter what part of Door County we stay in, other than it should be North of Sturgeon Bay (we are Door County natives lol). We've played the tourist part already and usually just relax around swimming and playing Scrabble :) and eating of course!

So, if anyone can give me more options I would appreciate it!

3 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen/dining/living rooms, indoor pool and hot tub

Thanks!

Glide N.E.W. - Segway the Door Tours
Segway Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
Door County Trolley
Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
Door County Adventure Rafting
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Glide N.E.W. - Segway the Door Tours
Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice

Maybe the Landmark in Egg Harbor:

http://www.thelandmarkresort.com/

thelandmarkresort.com/photos/photo-gallery--…

Edited: 26 September 2013, 23:00
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice

You could consider renting a condo at Northhaven in Fish Creek, which is a nice, central location. Those units typically have 3 bedrooms. There's a rec center there with pool and hot tub. Lundquist Realty and JR Vacation Rentals manage some of the rentals on those units. I think Meadow Ridge (Egg Harbor) also has 3-bedroom units.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice

We like Newport, but I see it only has two and 1 bedroom units. Sorry.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice

I do not believe the Landmark has three bed units. The High Point Inn on the north end of Ephraim does but no place to walk to really as far as dining is concerned. You could look at homes or condos on VRBO but most likely will have to do without a pool and of course maid service if that's important. The Bridgeport Resort in Sturgeon Bay has 3 bed units as does the Scandanavian in Sister Bay.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some advice

In Ephraim now (actually looking out the window at the High Point as I'm writing this...). Probably due to Ephraim being dry, as we were just discussing at dinner at the Chef's Hat Cafe (outstanding!!). There are a few around Wilson's or north to Sister Bay. We've stayed at High Point, it was fine, but there was just something about the layout, size, whatever we didn't care for. It's fine but prefer others. What about two 2BR units or a 2 and 1?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
421 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some advice

Thank you for all the suggestions!

I was able to take a look at the places mentioned. It looks like we will be staying put. For the price we pay and the space that we get, nothing else was would come close! :-O

We used to stay in a 2 bedroom, but figured we would spoil ourselves with more space!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need some advice

I remembered last night that Ephraim Guest House has three bedroom suites. It's very nice, family has stayed there several times and we've spent time visiting there. They a hot tub, but no pool. It's about two blocks up from the main road, sort of behind the town hall area. Because they're not "prime" for water views I think their prices are more reasonable. We would consider it as it's very well maintained and quiet, as it's a bit off from the road. But I love swimming and only consider places with indoor pools. Call me quirky.

It's definitely worth considering.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
421 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need some advice

ah....a pool is required! LOL And definately an indoor pool in February in Wisconsin.

I will keep the suggestions in mind if I ever need a different place to stay! Thanks Again!

9. Re: Need some advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Door County
Recent Conversations