We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish boils - cost?

Beloit, WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fish boils - cost?

I hate to sound cheap, but it is what it is - just would like an idea of how much they charge for fish boils (specifically The Old Post Office if you know!). It's pretty simple food, but then you're also paying for the "show" - don't want to have sticker shock if its more than we were expecting!

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Between $15 and $20, and that includes dessert.

You can see the boilover for free at Pelletiers in Fish Creek every 1/2 hour. The kettle is in a public area behind the restaurant.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Duplicate post

Edited: 28 September 2013, 22:42
Beloit, WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Thank you!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish boils - cost?

You can do what I did and make some calls of the places listed in this brochure . . . www.doorcounty.com/pdf/brochure/FishBoils.pdf .

Based on my budget price decision, I choose Pelletier's for my July fish boil and was very happy with my decision. It was less expensive that many and very good.

Here's a link to my review (with photos): igougo.com/dining-reviews-b146014-Fish_Creek… .

Edited: 29 September 2013, 17:46
Beloit, WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Well, we went to the Old Post Office - should've asked the price as we never did see it posted anywhere - and it wound up being $20 each. I do have to say though, it was surprisingly good!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Wow Tina. Not sure why you came here to input and suggestions, and then just did what you were going to anyway . . . without making any attempt to find out prices before going.

If it makes you feel any better, you wouldn't have saved very much (maybe $3pp) had you done your homework and gone somewhere else.

I'm glad you thought it was good.

Beloit, WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Because of your comments, we narrowed it down to Pellitiers and Old Post Office. Rick said they were between $15 and $20 so I figured it would have to be in there. It just worked out better to wind up in Ephraim that night (and I actually hoped it would be on the cheaper end since it was farther north - though I was wrong). But we were still happy with it. Our trip wouldn't have been anywhere near as nice if I hadn't have come here for input - it made me look into things I didn't know was there and we would up having an awesome time thanks to all of you!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fish boils - cost?

Well the most important thing is that you were happy with your experience (and the price . . . I think). Yeah $20 is the higher end.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 20:55
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fish boils - cost?

I think the cheapest fish boil in Door County (north of Sturgeon Bay) right now is probably the Viking -- I thought I read somewhere that it's $15. Even Pelletier's charges $18 for an adult fish boil meal now. I remember the days when it was $8.95.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fish boils - cost?

If I'm not mistaken, the guy at Pelletier's is the son of the guy at Viking Grill.