We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
9 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

Does anyone have any experience staying at, or knowledge about, Nelsen's Lakeview Motel in Bailey's Harbor? All that I can find is an older website, and I cannot find any reviews or comments anywhere else on the internet! It looks small (6 units), but the prices are right for being right on Lake Michigan.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

I think it caters to fishermen. The motel is behind Nelson's hardware store, right next to the village dock. The back is paved with big boat parking spaces.

Phone the Bailey's Harbor Visitor Center and the motel and ask them about the motel.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

haven't heard of it but nearby is The Beachfront Inn just featured on Hotel Impossible and they've even made several improvements since May and get good solid reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g59681-d499810-…

The view is amazing and the prices though hiked since Hotel Impossible are probably still decent. It is pet friendly so I don't know if that's helpful...or not but just a suggestion or thought.

Nelsen's looked nice from first glance but I might be bothered by no reviews. On the other hand checking it out and reviewing it would be a good start too.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

In checking out their prices, Beachfront Inn has very reasonable prices ($104 for sideview; $129 lakeview and $182 for a suite, as I recall).

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

Dang, I wish I had seen this when I was there yesterday. I looked at the website. The cuffed jeans shorts and hair style the woman has reminds me of the 80's so I'm not sure how old those are. I don't remember seeing it, but I wasn't looking. I also see there aren't any reviews, hmm.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

Nelson's motel units have always had the look of a "no-frills" type of lodging to me. But I've never stayed there, so I couldn't say for sure. I would not expect anything fancy, if you do book there.

6. Re: Nelsen's Motel in Bailey's Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:21