We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath

uk
Level Contributor
272 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath

Does anyone know about these holiday barns by the stream opposite the campsite in cambrose.

Is the old tram line a nice walk into portreath?

Also are there plenty of taxi about?

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath

These barns have only recently been built and the for sale signs are still up. No nice landscaping although I expect they will look very different by the summer.

The tramways trail is a lovely walk or cycle ride.

You would need to phone for a taxi

uk
Level Contributor
272 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath

Hi thanks, it did say new but there were two reviews from tripadvisor from last year so was confused.

Is there anything in walking distance?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath

I've looked at that review, and realise I am talking about a different development on the other side of Cambrose. However, what I said about location and taxis is the same. It's a very attractive looking place

I presume by 'anything' you mean shops, pubs etc. The answer is no unless you want a long walk, although there may be a small shop across the road at Cambrose caravan park. Pub but no shop in village called Bridge, about a mile. A few shops, pubs, cafes and a Chinese at Portreath, bigger shops, supermarket at Redruth. A small children's play centre near Bridge. Cycle hire at Elm Farm, about half a mile. The coast to coast trail is very close, and makes a lovely walk or cycle. You can go right across Cornwall from Portreath to Devoran on the Fal estuary.

If you have a car there are lots of beaches and places of interest within a short drive, and you're not far from the A30 for access to other parts of Cornwall

Provided you don't mind the lack of shops etc IMO it would be a nice place to stay

Reply to: Cambrose. Holiday barns portreath
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portreath