We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Essex
Level Contributor
30 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Hiya I just wanted to know if it is possible to get a bus from outside the hotel to lindos or not? Can anyone also suggest any other places to visit via bus from outside the hotel? Rhodes seems to have such a good transport link that it seems a good option rather than booking excursions through the travel company. Also is there a internet link to print Times of buses or can I collect a copy from reception? Thanks

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
924 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Hi. there are bus stops outside the Horizon going in both directions. I'm sure another regular will be along soon with the link to the bus timetables.

doncaster
Level Contributor
439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Were all ready to travel by car to rhodes town only to find the battery flat,so we headed for the bus stop a few paces from the hotel,we found that this was the best way to travel no hassle of finding parking space etc,the same goes for lindos,where the bus stop is on the other side of the road,the service is good and cheap,but if there was 4 adults in a taxi it costs about the same(rhodes town)

doncaster
Level Contributor
439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

trev will be on soon with timetable link,you can always rely on him,he would be able to answer most of the questions you might have

CHESHIRE, ENGLAND
Level Contributor
203 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

we stayed at this hotel in Aug 2013, we used the bus several times, going to Rhodes Town and Faliraki, we waited no more than 15 minutes on each occasion, and it was only a couple of euros each.

Essex
Level Contributor
30 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Great time spent on holiday. Highly recommend this hotel. Buses are directly outside this hotel for faliraki every 20 minutes, rhodes down every 20 minutes, lindos 1 bus an hour, 1 bus stop away from kalithea spring by bus or land line train, cheap and highly recommend it. Make sure you get ticket before boarding on return from rhodes town, taxis did not use but again a good option. Excursions pick up from outside hotel expensive in my opinion but an option for those who might want to be guided around before adventuring my yourselves. We did this. Hotel in middle of no where but as said there are plenty of transport options. Be careful crossing the roads and there is not much pavements to walk outside hotel. Therefore best to travel by transport.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
30 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

We will be staying at Kalithea Horizon Royal next month and want explore the island by bus, your post is very helpful. Did you go to Ialysos, Filerimos or Kameiros by bus? We'd also like to visit other old/historical sites. Any recommendations?

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

http://alturl.com/t46s6

Here is the present bus timetable which may change soon.

As you can see not many buses to Ancient Kamiros or Filerimos.

Other sites include Monte Smith just outside Rhodes town.Best way to see this is take the road train which leaves near Mandraki harbour

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

Thinking of booking for june. Can anyone tell me how far the beach is from the hotel. is the sea okay for swimming. What daily sports activities are there. Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
30 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

You will have a fab time. Could not fault this place. It depends which block you are staying in. It takes 10-15 minutes to get from one side of the hotel to another. There is a hotel shuttle bus or you can easily walk alongside one of two pathways which take you down to the beach down a hill. The beach is nice and calm, lots of fish, can go out quite far before it starts getting deep. I enjoyed floating around. There are no beach sport activities but plenty of sports activities within the hotel such as water polo, water aerobics, water volleyball I saw going on. Any other questions I am more than happy to help.

10. Re: Kalithea Horizon royal hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2016, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kallithea
Recent Conversations