We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarot garden italy

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tarot garden italy

I know its not to get to tarot gardens on Public transport, but I'd really like to try. I'm in Rome. Some people have posted that they got a train that took 1 1/2 hours and then got a cab. Could anyone please advise me where exactly to get a train too and how easy (or not!) it is too pick up a cab? Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarot garden italy

Haven't experienced this.

Once arrived at Capalbio train station would ask into the coffee shop or by the newsagent. The town is small, but you will not fell like being in the desert, especially if you go on a working day.

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tarot garden italy

I read something about the train station not being near the town, but in middle of nowhere. Is that not the case? Did you manage to get a cab by asking locally? Thanks

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tarot garden italy

We have been in a train that went past Capalbio, and remember the station is amongst a group of buildings, indeed the Bar Stazione is outside the railway track area across the road. We have not used this company but they can do car rental with or without supplying a driver :

Autonoleggio Pantini

tel: 0564 860233, 335 1262996 - fax: 0564 872763

Petrolia, California
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tarot garden italy

i am hoping to take public transit to the tarot garden in september. would love to hear how your experience was.

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tarot garden italy

Hi. Didn't make it. I didn't feel confident enough to travel all that way without an actual station name. It really surprised me that no one in Rome had heard of it - including tourist info, people running hostel, ticket info staff etc. if you do make it, then please do let me know as I'd love to go back and visit. Cheers, deb

Crieff
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tarot garden italy

did anyone make it to the gardens without a car? i am currently looking at train to Capalbio, staying somewhere overnight, then possibly bike hire to cycle to the gardens - planning a whole days adventure if this is possiblE!

Portland Oregon USA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Tarot garden italy

I took a train and got off in Capalbio. I don't speak Italian and no-one in the bar spoke English. I tried to use the pay phone to call a taxi and couldn't figure it out! Then I was saved by a nice Itaiian man who happened to walk through the parking lot and called a taxi for me on his cell phone. I spent the night at a hotel up the hill in Capalbio, and they had a shuttle that took guests to and from the Tarot Garden. The Gardens are fabulous and worth every trouble to get there!

When I do this again, I think I will stay in Orbetello - a great place - and you can rent a bicycle. I don't think the bike trip from there to the Tarot Garden would be too hard, though you can never gauge the steepness of a road in a car! Or you can easily take a taxi from Orbetello, too.

Crieff
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tarot garden italy

finally made it there - got the train from pisa (approx every two hours, taking 2 hours and pretty cheap). We ended up getting our hotel to collect us for 20Euros. We stayed at the Hotel Valle de Buttero, whose customer service was excellent. We borrowed bikes from them to cycle to the gardens which were about 7km away, fairly gentle hills (only had to get off the bike and walk a couple of times), and needed a good beer back at the hotel on our return, but it made it a lovely day out. Whilst doing the train/bus/bike ride/two nights to see the gardens made it all quite time-consuming, in many ways it was great, as we really had to stop and enjoy all around us - time in cafes over a glass of wine, chilling at the hotel etc... rather than rushing and having to make the most of car hire!

Reply to: Tarot garden italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Capalbio
Recent Conversations
More Capalbio Topics