We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,729 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Topic
Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

"After the discovery of the whale sharks off the coast of Donsol in 1998, this sleepy fishing village had become one of the top tourist attractions of the Bicol Region. Local visitors and those from all over the world flock this once obscure town to interact with these amazing gentle giants. The area around Donsol is best known for one of the greatest concentrations of whale sharks in the world."

lakwatseradeprimera.com/donsol-sorsogon-whal…

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

I have not been to Donsol yet but it is surprising that no larger hotels are starting to be built there.

Let's hope that the whalesharks don't die of stress caused by judicious boatmen. I'm usually fairly optimistic about the adapatability of species, though.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

its hard to put up large hotel establishments there because the whale shark season is roughly half a year only. That's what my B.I.O. told me, during off season, he does another kind of work. If the B.I.O. don't have enough whale shark related work, what more with the lodging establishments.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,795 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

I have been there several years ago and I hope that no large hotels will be allowed to be built by the local government. Oslob in Cebu is now becoming a popular alternative for whaleshark encounter and I hope it does not make the place to commercialized.

4. Re: Donsol Sorsogon: Whale Shark Watching Travel Guide.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Donsol