We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buses

How often do the buses run to Kos town and how much do they cost?

Cairo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses

Hi there

In the summer monthsthere is a bus every hour Mon-Sat from early morning at 25 minutes past the hour starting at 9:25 a.m. through to 10:25 p.m. (except at 2:25 p.m.). The return schedule - Kos Town to Marmari - departs on the hour from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.(except at 2p.m.). Journey time is 20-25 minutes. There is a reduced schedule on Sundays. The fare is 2 or 2.20 Euro one way. There are no reduced child fares! Please note buses do depart on time!

Regards

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses

Thank you

Can you tell me if there is much to do in Marmari it self?

Cairo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses

Hi there

Marmari has a lovely sandy beach which stretches for miles. The sea is shallow and usually crystal clear and calm. Not quite as windy as other north coast resort. Good views of Pserimos and the north coastline. There isn't alot do other than the beach, tavernas and some low-key bars. There are a several large AI hotels complexes catering mainly to the German and Eastern European tourist market. However, some hotels are opening their doors to the British tourist market this summer. The resort has a very laid-back and relaxing atmsosphere. The resort is popular with families and couples. Marmari is very centrally located so if you are planning to hire a vehicle is a good base for exploring the island. There is a good bus service into Kos Town and plans to link Marmari with Kardamena which hopefully is for this summer.

I visit Marmari at least six times when on holiday in Kos to enjoy a lazy day on the beach.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Regards

Edited: 09 April 2012, 12:50
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,573 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses

Hi Amira

Will the buses be that frequent in the 3rd week of May? I am thinking of walking one way from Tingaki to Marmari along the coast, and getting the bus the other way (to/from Zipari). Is the walk worth doing?

Steve.

Cairo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses

Hi Steve

I am not sure when the Summer Bus Timetable takes effects but would imagine if the hotels are open there will be a bus service into/from Kos Town, even a reduced schedule. Sorry I cannot be of any more help but I have never been to Kos that early in the season. I will try to find out from friends living in Kos if the summer timetable is up and running.

Bye for now

Amira

Cairo
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses

Hi again Steve

Just found a bus timetable uploaded at the following link uploaded May 2011 which shows a reduced bus schedule. Could be a guide for the 2012 shoulder summer season. www.nostalgia.gr/timetable-buslines.html

If I find out more I will let you know.

Regards

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,573 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses

Thanks for that Amira, it's very helpful.

Steve.

8. Re: Buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Marmari
Recent Conversations