We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Daylesford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Hi guys,

This month I am visiting China for the first time (have been to other asian countries before), from Melbourne to Shanghai, and on to ShenYang.

Considering the scheduled arrival time in ShenYang is 23:10, I have arranged to meet my friend at the Holiday Inn.

Now, where the airport bus stops (in the city), it's a further 1km to the hotel.

Normally I would be keen for the walk after being canned up the whole day, but have some apprehension about walking that time of night. I travel very very light.

Is my apprehension justified?

Or should I take a taxi (probably agueing about the fare - as usual in Asia), or bribe the bus driver for the extra kilometre?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Just catch a cab.

Are you going to shanghai, clearing immigration and then directly to Shenyang. If it is that way then my recollection is that the time allowed to make the connection is pretty tight.

Have fun in Fushun, you know they say the life expectancy of people there is lower than most of china. i think it is because of the retorts.

Other than that -its OK!

Daylesford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Thanks Skeggles,

I think I'll do just that (catch taxi from airport).

Scheduled arrival time in Shanghai is 1800, scheduled departure to Shenyang is 2110. Hope that will be enough time. At least I won't have check-in luggage.

I guess my visit to Fushun might cut a few hours off my life expectancy... LOL

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Hi,

You have plenty of time, assuming the flight (Qantas? by the timing) is on time. They used to be regularly 45 mins late into Shanghai on average.

Go to coco bar or F1 in fushun for a night out.

Daylesford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

>>> Go to coco bar or F1 in fushun for a night out

I expect to be with my ladyfriend... what sort of place is it?

I will be flying with "China Eastern"... all the way - never heard of them before LOL.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

Coco bar is just a nightclub/disco - just like in Oz. So is F1. they are OK.

Just keep clear of karaoke bars and spas... and "xiao tian" - rather (in)famous... many taxi drivers will deny its existence to you as I am guessing you are a foreigner.

Apparently Chine Eastern are not too bad. I know of people who now prefer to fly with them over Qantas, not just for the pricing. They say the service is far better, which is not too hard to believe as they have flight attentenats - just like qantas did once upon a time - and the seat pitch a little better as well. Internally they are pretty good!

The first and last time I caught a chine eastern intl flight (some years ago) was when i discovered the cabin attendents locked themselves into the toilets on take-off because there were not enough seats for them - and the food at that time was apalling. things change...

Daylesford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

The girl I was to meet after 5 months of writing substituted herself for a friend... and pretending to be her. I suspected immediately something was not right but they (other friends) only admitted it after 3 days when I asked questions that cornered her.

What is this world coming to...

Now I am stuck here (in Fushun), waiting to return. Even if the substitute was really attractive to me, I still wouldn't go along with this.

My email address is tv@verplak.net. I have access in my hotel room (Tian Bao).

7. Re: Melbourne to ShenYang, onwards to Fushun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Fushun
Recent Conversations