We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos

Which Taos Ski Valley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos

We're staying at Snakedance Condos to ski for a week in January. We won't have a car and I can't find any info on transportation to/from the town of Taos in the evenings for dinner.

13 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos

Hi - I work with Taos Ski Valley and saw your post. You should probably contact the Snakedance directly. They have a van that shuttles guests to and from town upon reservation. Hope that helps!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos

I called Snakedance first--they told me that they do NOT provide transportation to/from town.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos

I suppose a week is a long time not to be able to stretch your legs so to speak beyond TSV or to be without some independence away from the chartered group, but given the remoteness of TSV from Taos and the smallness of TSV village, I'm surprised by the number of good choices available to eat there.

taosskivalley.com/pages/…

http://www.skitaos.org/content/dining

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…_New_Mexico

Maybe it's not the best apres-ski available, but as you know it has some of the best ski (and now snowboarding) terrain anywhere. Ironically, it may have some of the best apres-ski-at- the-mountain available in the state. It's a long drive off the mountain, through Arroyo Seco (some eating options there--maybe you'll bump into Julia), to Taos and given that Taos itself and New Mexico in general is small and sleepy on many winter nights by some standards, I wonder if the effort is worthwhile unless after a few days you need to break out. Perhaps you'll find a friendly ride by then or can budget:

http://www.taosshuttle.com/

Reply to: transportation between Taos Ski Valley & town of Taos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Taos Ski Valley