We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day lunch

Which Narberth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day lunch

HI, we are going to Bluestone for the Christmas week and would like to have lunch somewhere on Christmas day, I have found a tiny few offering lunch but they are charging £25 per child, which is steep I think. Does anyone know of anywhere that charges fairly reasonable food prices, I am not bothered paying £50 for an adult. My kids are 7 and 9, thank you in advance

The Grove and The Ivory are the only ones I can find open and they are the expensive ones.

8 replies to this topic
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Wherever you find, xmas day is going to be steep, however, if you get in your car and go to Carmarthen(about 15/20 minutes), there are the chains Toby/Pizza Express/Frankie and Benny/China/Harvester,think most are open xmas day, hoever,for booking, think you may be a bit late?,

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,851 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Yes, there are two big problems with eating out on Christmas Day - finding somewhere that is open and not booked up, and then paying for it if you can find somewhere!

That said, Frankie and Benny's in Llanelli still had room on Christmas Day when we were there last weekend, so a chain restuarant is probably the most realistic place to try.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day lunch

I know it is a bit further,but Brewers Fayre in LLanelli,still has places xmas day, (kids 14.99), and you can walk off the dinner at the Milllenium coast path

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Thank you all, that is just the sort of thing we are after and not knowing the area at all, this is really useful

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,192 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day lunch

As I said , Carmarthen is about 15/20 minutes easy drive from Bluestone , and LLanelli is about another 20 minutes.

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Try Roadhouse, near Whitland http://www.roadhouserestaurant.co.uk/ they might have room and closer than Carmarthen.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Most of the restaurants in Tenby and surrounding area are closed on Christmas Day but some of the hotels are open to non guests. We've had Christmas Day dinner at the Fourcroft Hotel with kids in the past which was good. Everywhere is pricey on Christmas Day but I personally would rather spend the extra and stay closer to Bluestone than spend the time and money driving to Llanelli.

Narberth restaurants always seem expensive to me. The Stackpole Inn is advertising still for Christmas Day (at Stackpole near Pembroke), not cheap either but a lovely spot.

St. Dogmaels...
Level Contributor
257 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day lunch

Had a superb Christmas Day dinner last year at Llys Meddeg, not sure children's prices

Reply to: Christmas Day lunch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Narberth