We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

Which Playa Coronado hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

I am wondering how the car rental prices compare at Decameron vs. PTY - Albrook.

How easy is it to get in touch with the car rental agency at Decameron ? Also If I need to go to Decameron to pick up the car, is it best to go by taxi or by bus? I am not sure how far off the highway the RD is, it could mean a taxi would be necessary if it is too far from where the bus would drop you off.

Or perhaps it is just worth it to go all the way to Albrook and get a vehicle.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

For rental prices, go on-line and compare. I don't think you'll see a lot of difference from one location to the next, more a difference in one rental company to the next. That should tell you where to pick up the car.

Be sure to read the other posts about rental cars -- insurance, drop-off fees and inspections.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

If you rent a car online, be sure that they will be open for the pickup..I made a reservation online for the car rental agency in Decameron and it was close for my pick up time...on the saturday at 5:00 PM and all the sunday...

Have a nice adventure!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

Where are you going from to Decameron? There is also car rental thru U Realtors in Coronado . If you need that info let me know.

As far as Decameron, National Car Rental is hard to miss.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

I couldn't find the U Realtors office in Coronado, so I went up to Decameron. I used the bus to get to Santa Clara and then a taxi to Decameron. The bus service is excellent, taxi's are a bit more difficult.

The National Car Rental was excellent to deal with. They had a car ready for me to pick up and the process was quick and simple ! I was very pleased.

Now we are looking forward to exploring all around. El Valle is on our list for tomorrow !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

There is a National Car rental at Decameron ressort entrance. Small car ~$25/day.

6. Re: Car rental prices at Decameron vs renting from PTY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 02:15