We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

Which Playa Coronado hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

I am looking to rent a condo for one month from mid march till mid April. Can any one advise me of how I can find a good deal? Any advise you can give would be great.

thanks much

Marilyn

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

The good deals are fading fast. It's likely people will start looking elsewhere for reasonable accomodation.

Playa Coronado...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

My husband and I own and rent out beachfront studio condos in Coronado in the very best building at the beach in Coronado. We have 3 to choose from. Check us out at VRBO.com and enter property number 446287 and see the pictures and read the reviews. We will make your stay great!

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

I rented for a month via VRBO and had a terrible situation. The owner, Sarah Booth aka PANAMA SARAH misrepresented the unit I rented. The unit had no kitchen sink, no rod in closet, little kitchen utensils, a dripping air conditioner and no table. It was a disaster. The worst part was PANAMA SARAH was non- responsive to the problems. She never picked up my calls or returned emails. VRBO does not assist in a problem. I had to leave after 3 days.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

When you book with VRBO be advised you are over paying at least 30%. The units in Playa Coronado are so over priced. I know, I rented one and was I disappointed!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

Response: Comment #3

My apologies for the late response, I was not aware that this review had been posted but I am thankful for the opportunity to reply. As a rental property owner I appreciate receiving feedback from my guests so that I can grow and learn from every experience.

You were my guest during the typically sold-out, high season and the unit I offered you, that was accepted at a highlydiscounted was the only one available, in an 85% complete state, as communicated with you from the beginning. The hotel room condo was scheduled for a kitchen renovation, to be completed in February.

Having communicated directly, openly and honestly with you about lack of full kitchen, I and my team proceeded to purchase small appliances to give you a kitchen that had everything , except a sink.., offering that the unit’s existing bathroom sink could be used. This option, was agreed to by you, pre-arrival.

I and my team, acted promptly to each phone call and email received from you. When I knew that the assistance offered was not sufficient, I offered a 100% refund, which was happily received and you continued on to enjoy your vacation. All events were in good faith and positive , and I am very surprised to see these online comments after the mutual agreements made.

My guests (spanning over 9 years in Panama) appreciate the cleanliness, comfort and first class accommodations that I offer and I can understand why this unit did not meet those expectations for you. I am happy to say that the unit is now complete, to our usual high standards and has already

been enjoyed by several guests this year, articulated by the online

reviews. Please contact me at Panamasarah@gmail.com if you wish to discuss this further.

Sincerely, Sarah Booth

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
153 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

I am searching for a rental for a month next winter and I cannot stand how VRBO only asks me to put in a price per night as a filter, not price per week or month, which is typically much less expensive. Air BNB lets you do this and it is a MUCH better site. The VRBO rentals are so expensive and again, not offering any discount when you rent for the month is insane.

Hope AirBnB pushes VRBO to have a better system and better prices.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
122 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area

We were also unhappy with Sarah Booth and her arrogance and lack of compassion. My wife became very ill because of all the dust in Gaviota. Once we cleaned the filth and all the dust particles from the bedroom and A/C unit, she was miraculously better. Place is a dump. Sarah never even asked how she was. Told other guests that I made a sexist comment to her. My wife was with me both times I talked to Sarah. She pouts and then hides if any adversity. Drinks and smokes in pool, nice touch. Her reviews are fake. Look at her response and you see it's another handle. Stay away from this dive.

Reply to: Renting a condo for one month in Coronado or area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted