We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Which Ko Lipe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Just lost my job and off to Koh Lipe to chill and contemplate my future. At the same time, jobhunting and would like to check my emails evey now and again. Is it worth taking my laptop or are wireless facilities limited. Staying at Mountain Resort.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Sure, you can just get online at the Starbucks! (No, just joking, no Starbucks yet)

Several places have wi-fi, most of the bigger resorts, not sure about Mountain, but I somehow doubt it, but Pooh's restaurant in the centre does and several other places too. There is an internet cafe not far off Pattaya beach if you don't want to be bothered bringing your own machine

cheers

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Hi You, Yes Mountain just made a new Internet room, air-con and soft seats. They have wi-fi link too, have to pay though! Most of the places on the Walking Street take 3 Bht /min, but I found the connections good and not to slow. I did all my work at the bungalow and just dump downloaded at on e the places.

Good luck

Ranger Bob

Check out: http://rangerbobnorway.blogspot.com/

Swe
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Hi, There will be many places to use ur labtob, I know mountain resort has an Internetconnection. The Reef Hotel has a lounge where wire less internet also posible while having a cold beer.

www.thereefthailand.com

Take care

Jannie SWE

Kiwi
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Hi, you can use your laptop at Boj's internet and pay a special price. Not 3bath p/m

Its in Walking street they have two shops one in the middle and one in the beginning at Pattaya beach

For sure you will chill out and get ideas for your future on this beautiful laid-back island.

Charlotte, VT USA
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

Stayed at Mountain Resort in mid-May. They have an air-conditioned internet room with a lot of computers. It will be the internet cafe with the best view you'll ever experience. I think the price is no more than it costs for the millions of internet places in town, and it's very convenient. Something like 150B/hour (30B = $1). I would not take a laptop to Thailand. There are internet cafes everywhere.

Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

As one of the owners of The Reef Hotel, i can say we have free internetconnection if you bring your own laptop.

Check our website website

www.thereefkohlipe.com

Simon

Edited: 06 October 2010, 17:45
7. Re: Koh Lipe - worth taking my laptop ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:15