We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which beach in low season

Which Ko Lipe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
which beach in low season

I've read several posts about which beach is best to stay in the low season. Some posts say that Pattaya beach is better in low season and others say again that Sunrise beach is better because of the direction of the wind. Does anyone have experience with this? We want to go next year around the end of July.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which beach in low season

They both good places to stay, it just depends what you are wanting to do on your holiday??

Sweden
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which beach in low season

Nootje,

As the southwest monsson occurs in July (low season) it´s more windy on Pattaya and Sunset. As of this there may be more garbage from the sea on these beaches in low season.

Sunrise is therefore calmer and cleaner and the daily speedboat transfer from Pak Barra pier goes mostly directly to that beach instead of Pattaya.

In high season when there is northeast monsoon Pattaya is calmer.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 09:47
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which beach in low season

Pattaya beach? If you're going there for swimming its might not good idea the beach is not nice anymore or you can take bus to Sattahip beach for clear water.

Otherwise consider Koh Samet,Koh Chang or Koh Kood for the beach near Bangkok instead?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which beach in low season

@Lipee thanks for your answer (and understand right away what I mean). I think we'll go for the Sunrise beach then :-)

@Paresa just want to snorkel, swim, lie on the beach, eet good food and most of the time doing nothing :-) And we don't mind walking to places.

@RiniRabbit I mean Pattaya beach at Koh Lipe :-) You're right though. Pattaya beach in Pattaya It's not that nice. I've been in Koh Samet and Koh Chang with much better beaches.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 11:16
Sweden
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which beach in low season

Nootje,

Enjoy Lipe :-)

@RiniRabbit: Notice that you are posting in Koh Lipe forum.

6. Re: which beach in low season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:19