We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have ever managed to travel in one day from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe, not paying millions for a private taxi...?

I booked the accomodation both in Phangan and Lipe, day after day and now I realised that there is no bus that would take me from Don Sak Pier/Surat Thani to Pak Bara, to be there for the last ferry at 3.

Did any of you made this distance before? Would you have some tips? We already tried the journeys via Krabi or Koh Lanta, but the times don´t seem to match either.

Will be grateful for any hint :)

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

You must take a taxi from Donsak to Pak Bara to make it in one day. Taxi takes almost 5 hours.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Thank you for your quick answer,

Have you any idea how much is going to cost that taxi?

Just I found online it could be around 8000thb, so for this price I think it is just better to loose one night in the hotel in Koh Phangan and take a night train from Sunat Thani to Hat Yai

Have you tried or have you heard anybody used this conection?

Thanks

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

I guess you are travelling in high season as you are talking about the 15.00 speedboat departure.

The normal price for taxi is about 6000 THB. Yes, I know it has been done.

Night train is a good option. You can take the train 01.26 from Surat Thani and be in Hat Yai 07.00.

It takes 2 hours from train station to Pak Bara. Taxi cost almost 2000 THB. Minibus dep from Cathay Guest House in Hat Yai 09.00 and 12.30 and cost 200 THB. The 09.00 minibus runs all year and the 12.30 in high season.

If you take the 09.00 minibus you will be in time for the first speedboat transfer to Lipe.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 22:23
Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Thank you very very much for your help.

We are coming at the end of November, so all this should work for us.

Thanks again!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Appreciate the valuable advice you give to everybody Lipee.

I was wondering how this could be done

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Ok, if you go for the minibus from Cathay Guest House you must book it here and you can book the speedboat at the same time by adding this in step 2 in the booking.

thaibeachtravellers.com/transport/hat-yai

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

Thanks jaynewcastle11 :-)

8. Re: How to get from Koh Phangan to Koh Lipe in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Ko Lipe
Recent Conversations