We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Amsterdam, The...
10 posts
Save Topic
Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Hi,

Can someone tell me a good travel agency in Luwuk? Or in Ampana. I will fly from Manado to Luwuk and then i need transport to Ampana. And is it possible to hire a speedboat to from Ampana to the togean islands?

Jakarta, Indonesia
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Hello there.. perhaps its easier to fly to gorontalo rather than luwuk. from gorontalo there is a regular ferry to ampana. but you must 1st find out the schedule of the ferry, from what i know, its not every day..

or you can go to gorontalo from manado by travel agent, it cost you 125-150k rp per person per trip. its easier. depart at the morning before 9, and you will arrive at gorontalo at the afternoon. the ferry usually depart at 8 pm

Yogyakarta
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Hi there.. nice to hear about Luwuk.. I am looking for a person or travel agent who can arrange trip in Luwuk. But all telp numbers I found, never being answered. Do you have any recommendation ? Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,391 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

<< I found, never being answered. >>

And you know why????? Because they touts and scammers....

Due to lots of scam in Indonesia forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( offering tour/ guide/ driver/ car rental ) - PLEASE report to DEs or TA admins. Your help is greatly appreciated. Engaging These illegal service provides may endanger your life... and i do not talk about your wallet!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
111 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

in my opinion, its more convenient to access Togean ivia Gorontalo. We did it 3 years ago. Short flight to Gorontalo from Manado or via landroad (8 hours). From Gorontalo you use ferry, depart around 21:00 and reach Togean in the morning.

The fist class seat is convenient or you buy economy ticket and rent the staff cabin for much better sleep.

sure you can go to Ampana from Luwuk by bus (not convenient at all) or rent a car with driver then use ferry from Ampana to Togean.

Jakarta
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Do you know how much to rent a car from Luwuk airport to Ampana?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,391 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Scorpio Arie W,

It`s about 800 000-1 juta rp for the taxi. It's not cheap but I don't regret it at all. If pre-boooked you have a chance to get a deal of about 600-700k IDR / one way.

########################

Special note:

This forum is a great place to collect valuable information to plan your stay in any part of the world. You will meet people from different places - locals and visitors from different countries - all willing to share with you their knowledge and experience of this destination.

Note these contributors are volunteering to spend some of their time to provide hints, tips and advices so you can enjoy your stay. Please feel free to squeeze a small "Hello" and "Thanks" in your questions; this would be greatly appreciated and won't take you much of your time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

there is direct flight from jakarta to luwuk by Lion Air or Sriwijaya Air, easier than go to Manado or Gorontalo first

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

From Luwuk to Ampana by Bus, cheaper than rent a car

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
74 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

Hi ryding77,

Is the bus from Luwuk to Ampana has particular departure time and how is the frequency? Since I plan to fly from Makassar to Luwuk by Sriwijaya Air in the morning then take a bus or rental car to Ampana, stay there for 1 night and take ferry from Ampana to Wakai on the next morning.

Or should I fly from Makassar to Gorontalo for instead and take the ferry from Gorontalo at night to Wakai, but the problem is ferry from Gorontalo only depart on specific day in the week, not everyday [big headache to plan for transportation in Sulawesi though].

Thanks a lot.

togian islands
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Private car from Luwuk to Ampana

the gorontalo ferry departs around 5 pm on tuesday and friday, arriving in wakai the following morning. if you want to go to the bomba area, you need to rent an outrigger boat in wakai to bring you there - price rp500,000 for the 3 hour trip. to fly from manado to luwuk, it is always better to hire a car to ampana, because the bus terminal is pretty far from the airport, and the schedule is probably once a day, and one at night. the price is Rp1,000,000 for the 6 hour trip with professional driver. be careful of touts at the airport. best to book a car through the resort you will stay with in the togian islands.

Get answers to your questions about Togian Islands