We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of winter gear in Niseko

Which Kutchan-cho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Price of winter gear in Niseko

Could anyone help the the average price range of selected winter gear in Niseko? I'll be going in Dec and I understand certain items won't be 'rentable' from the ski schools, e.g. goggles.

Am i better buying them online before I go (I'm from Singapore and the only shop that sells them here has the cheapest pair starting at S$200+!) or from Niseko? (Or are they even necessary?) Buying from Tokyo/Sapporo is not really an option as I don't have much time there (hitting TDR then straight to Niseko without laying over at Sapporo).

Thanks!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of winter gear in Niseko

You will need goggles to ski in sub zero temperatures. Sunglasses don't give enough protection. You will be able to buy a basic pair of goggles, like Smith brand, in Niseko from 5,000yen. See:

http://www.skihirejapan.com/retail/goggles/

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
977 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of winter gear in Niseko

Have you tried ebay for finding goggles? We've found lots of very cheap items on there....

3. Re: Price of winter gear in Niseko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kutchan-cho
Recent Conversations