We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

Which Nuevo Arenal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belmar, New Jersey
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

My wife and I will have 14 nights in February 2014 in CR and were originally thinking 7 nights each in Arenal and 7 nights in Manuel Antonio, but now we are thinking that perhaps we should do 6 nights at one, 5 nights at the other and then 3 nights nearer SJO where we will be flying out of.

Suggestions welcomed please.

Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

Personally with 14 nights I would add in another destination such as Monteverde Cloud Forest or the Sarapiqui area, depending on your interests. IMO, 7 nights is too long for Arenal or MA.

Will you have a car for daytrips from MA or just planning on staying there for an entire week and doing various tours? Most tours include pickup from hotels.

Depending on your flight schedules you may need to spend first/last night around SJO, but that still gives you ample time for a third destination.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

Everyone has there on idea about what are the best lengths to stay in each place. I think you will run out of new things to do, especially in MA. I would think five or maybe six in Arenal area, no more than four max for MA, and the rest at some place in rain or cloud forest areas. There are plenty of activities around the La Fortuna area, or within a couple of hour drive. Unless you are going deep sea fishing, that would add an extra day, you can pretty well ecperience all that MA offers in 3 or 4 days. That opens a whole lot of choices for the remaining days.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

Agree that in Manuel Antonio I think a few nights is a good maximum. La Fortuna/Arenal area there is a ton to do so 5 nights should suffice. Check out Villa Blanca in the Los Angeles Cloud Forest-a similar experience to Monteverde and only 1.5 hours from the airport...gorgeous place, you won't want to leave! :-)

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

Monteverde ties in well with Arenal and Manuel Antonio. Hidden Canopy Treehouses is our favorite place to stay over there. The owner, Jen is a great hostess and the treehouses provide a unique experience. The area has some of the best canopy tours in the country and the birdwatching is phenomenal.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?

I will spend 5 nights around Arenal...Nayara is a great place one of the best...and run and own by Costaricans not by a foreign corporation...then the rest of the time at Manuel Antonio National Park area!

roadadvisor

Reply to: 5 nights or 6 nights at Nayara?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Arenal