We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

tinamorrin
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

We are a group of 10 arriving in Nynashamn on the above date. We don't want to take the excursion from the ship so can anyone tell me whats the best and quickest way to get to Stockholm from here. I have heard that the boat lets the passangers on tours get off the boat first has its a tender and this leaves everyone else less time to see Stockholm but the prices of the trips are a bit crazy!! We only have from 8.00am to 6pm for to get on and of the boat and to see Stockholm. Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks

Tina Ireland

4 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
923 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

Wrong forum. Helsinki is in Finland, Nynäshamn in Sweden.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

Hi tinamorrin,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the Helsinki forum, so I have moved it on your behalf to the Nynashamn forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

Hi,

There is a commuter train from Nynäshamn to Stockholm which takes approximately 1 hour one way. Unfortunately, when you arrive in September the rail line is closed due to railwork and trains are replaced by buses.

Times for the replacement buses have not yet been published, When the train is running it departs hourly on Sunfays and I guess the buses will do the same. Travel time on the bus might be a little bit longer and you will probably have to change to a commuter train at Västerhaninge station.

tinamorrin
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11

Thanks for your reply. we have decided to do it DIY with NCL its 49$ per person but we think its the best way to go considering the time we have to visit Stockholm and the travel arragements.

thanks again.

Tina Ireland

Reply to: NCL Sun Cruise arriving Sunday 18/09/11
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nynashamn