We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tau resort owners

Winnipeg, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Tau resort owners

Does any owners at Tau know how to get back their money and the procedure?

137 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: Tau resort owners

I have seen the "class action" letter from Aranda & Sitges. There are several discrepancies that have me concerned about this offer for my client. I would be very leery of sending any attorney money for a class action lawsuit. I suspect this is a scam.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 15:22
Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
112. Re: Tau resort owners

I also recieved that e-mail and would not send any money. Have already been scammed by one Mexican company (Tau)

Saint Paul...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
113. Re: Tau resort owners

I would also strongly caution readers against doing any business with Jonathon Russo of Vista Resort Marketing, or any other marketing firms which the sales people at Tau might refer you to. Vista Resort Marketing is a sham, and in 2013 was purporting to due business out of an address in Las Vegas which was a vacant storefront. Mr. Russo purported to have a website which was temporarily down for updating, but which has since never returned, if in fact it ever existed. The scam is they pretend to be able to market any existing weeks in other timeshare properties you may wish to sell, but will eventually direct you to send a check as payment to a closing company ( also a sham), then abscond with your money!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: Tau resort owners

.A 'Write-off' . Money spent down the tubes.. !!

They dont even have the courtousy to reply to my emails ... They, TAU, are pretty much off the map. Now, non existant. If Any One....should have any success in contacting them..for our refunds...Please pass that info along...

I sincerely Doubt it..................!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: Tau resort owners

Drove by there the other day on our way to Punta Mita. There is NOTHING there but some signage. No sign of activity

Save Reply
116. Re: Tau resort owners

My friends grand mother paid them about 19k I was able to get her back 9250 because she paid that portion via credit card. Even though it was paid in 2012 I was still able to get it back for her. I think I was kind of lucky and found the right person in the disputes to talk to that actually knew what she was doing. The rest of the money was paid by checks and is much harder to get back. Lesson - always pay with a cc so you have some records/ don't go to seminars!!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
117. Re: Tau resort owners

Our latest reply from 'TAU'.., today........

...from Stephanie RAdillo

I would like to give you a little update on Tau Resorts and also give you an option to save your investment, Tau resorts is still not finished and there is no construction going on at this moment.

What we would like to offer you is to keep the current membership you have but we would like to give it to you in a different resorts which is in Nuevo Vallarta, the resort is called Bel Air Resorts & Spa Collections.

I have provided the web page of the resort that I mentioned to you about: http://www.belairvallarta.com/site/es/contact

If you accept to transfer your membership to Bel Air you will have the same conditions as you did in Tau.

1) You will have the same 2br suite with the same capacity.

2) Annual contract

3) Your maintenance fee will remain the same which is $439 dollars per week.

4) You have 1 registered week and 1 premiere week, a total of 2 weeks every year.

5) The only mandatory payment will be your maintenance fee for your registered week. The Premiere week is only upon usage, if you do not use your premiere week you are not obligated to pay the maintenance fee for it.

6) You are able to vacation in the other Bel Air Resorts which are in Los Cabos, Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Mazatlán without any extra charge since it is the same resort.

7) You can actually vacation any week out of the year you would like, Holy week, Easter, Christmas and New Year’s.

8) The maintenance fee can go up every year but just like in the Tau contract.

9) There is no cost to do the change from Tau Resorts to Bel Air.

Like I mentioned, Tau Resorts is unable to refund you your money that is why they are offering this option which is really good and gives you a chance to save your investment from Tau.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

As anyone received such an 'Offer'..??

Dubious to say the least...!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
118. Re: Tau resort owners

It's a good idea to be suspicious of offers that seem too good to be true. Serious due diligence should be undertaken to ensure this isn't just another scam. Your spidey senses should definitely be tingling if they ask for any kind of upfront payments, credit card info., etc. in order to "facilitate" the transaction.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
119. Re: Tau resort owners

...UH, No kidding.. !!

This isnt, unfortunately, the 1st time we've been 'scammed'.. Should've seen it coming, but was 'gullible'..since they took a 'defunct' share, in exchance for their 'defunct' scam..

From the fire to the Pan...!! - Still burnt...!!

Never, Ever - Again..!

Like you say,,,, If it's too good to be true, then it 'Ain't'......!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: Tau resort owners

Isn't the Bel Air older than the sand on the beach? What a bunch of swines to try to pawn that off on you.

Reply to: Tau resort owners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Cruz de Huanacaxtle