We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

South Shields
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

Hi

I am looking for some advice on the best places to go for a 10-14 day trip around Croatia.

I have never been before but like the sound of Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik..

Please can anyone advise the best place to start / visit? Any tips on getting boats or trains between the places.

I would like some sun but also a bit of culture and activity.

Apologies for the very broad request but any advice would be greatly appreciated and help me build by perfect holiday.

Thanks

Natalie

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

Will you fly into Split and depart from Dubrovnik or vice versa then?

South Shields
Level Contributor
24 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

Yeah either of them. Or another airport.

I am pretty open to options but querying what the best way is.

Thanks

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

You've almost defined one of the most popular trips - but I see that from Newcastle you can fly to either Pula or Dubrovnik with Jet2 so I would fly into one and out of the other - visit Istria at the start, then down the coast to Split, off to Hvar, then Korcula and onto Dubrovnik. Use buses between Istria and Split, then boats. If outside July/August you will need to get the bus to Dubrovnik from Korcula.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 09:48
Durham
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

Jet2's return flights in September are a lot more expensive than outgoing ones. You could get around that by flying with Jet2 from Newcastle to Dubrovnik on a Wednesday in August, return from Split to Gatwick with Norwegian on a Wednesday in September. You get back to Gatwick before midday so you can get backm to the north east by train. Returning Split to Glasgow with easyJet on Sundays is another possibility. I would not try to tour Istria and Southern Dalmatia in 10-14 days.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

I agree with apt22, trying to cover Istria plus all of Dalmatia is too much for 10 to 14 days if you want to relax and enjoy it.

6. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 16:13
7. Re: Travel around Croatia - Aug/Sept 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16