We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conde Taxis.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Conde Taxis.

I have always been a standard bearer for Conde Taxis, having recommended them on this forum and having used them over many visits to PP. However they have now badly let us down.

A few days before our recent holiday I damaged my back but with the help of painkillers we arrived at Palma airport where we were met as arranged by Conde. However instead of the taxi for 2 I had booked and which has always been a saloon car, a mini bus awaited with access by steps that I struggled to negotiate. We decided to do our best to travel in said minibus but were further dismayed to find it was in a very run down condition with the seatbelts broken or missing. We really should have aborted the trip but having made the driver aware of our concerns we did proceed to PP.

While in the resort my husband made several attempts to locate Conde's office but it appeared just to be a mailing address and also to phone them but with no success. I finally managed to speak to a lady, explaining the situation and asking her to ensure that we would be returned to Palma by a car. She promised to speak too her partner and call me back. She didn't but eventually I phoned her again and she assured me we would have the car we had booked.

Imagine how upset we were then when we were collected yet again by a minibus albeit one in much better condition. The driver was very apologetic when we told him what had happened but both he and the first driver (both of whom were very pleasant and polite young men) were simply following Conde's instructions.

A big let down and I'm afraid Conde will never have our business again and I will no longer be recommending their service.

How have others found the company of late?

Edited: 02 June 2017, 11:04
33 replies to this topic
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conde Taxis.

Kaleg - I am surprised by the action of Conde, they are usually so reliable and accommodating.

I have some 'odd ' vehicle from Conde - for example a 16 seater for 4 of us and a coach, for 4 of us.

I will watch this post as they were my 'go to 'taxi firm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conde Taxis.

Kaleg

There are two taxi firms called Conde - one being www.taxisconde.com and www.condetransfers.com. The local TA expert KWUK recently pointed out that they are separate businesses.

Could you let us know which one you are referring to as we are booked with taxisconde for Monday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conde Taxis.

There is a post on the puertopollensa.com forum apparently from Jose Conde explaining that his identity was stolen by an employee - I don't know if KWUK has seen this as he is a firm fan of Conde but having read the story it is difficult to know what to think. We used them a couple of years ago and like Kaleg had an ancient mini bus instead of the smart white taxi that I was expecting. I did ask for a car on the return which we got and I believe it was Jose driving but he was texting and making calls on his phone most of the way to the airport along the motorway. Never again so we used Zarza last year and have booked them again this year.

hampshire
Level Contributor
649 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conde Taxis.

It is supposedly going to court but in the meantime someone needs to change their name !

Last year we got caught out as didnt know all this was going on and tried to book with Conde no response to at least 3 enquiries so contacted ZAZA

Taxi picked us up then half way to PP got a call Where were we from ZaZa Conde had picked us up !! We were very upset about this and went to their office just off the square near Tiberi but got knowhere with them said they coudnt email us no details !! We had sent them at least 3 and how did they get the booking if they didnt have our email !!

We cancelled return trip and went with Za Za and are again this year but they wouldnt let us pay for the other journey

Joseph Conde is a very nice man and drove us several times before all this happened but this is all to confusing and you dont know who you are contacting

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conde Taxis.

Oh dear this all sounds like a real muddle doesn't it?

I had no idea about the two different companies nor the stolen id. Up until this year I've always emailed Jose Conde direct and in fact it was him who picked us up at the airport in 2016 and there was no texting nor making calls. He did receive one or two calls but they were hands free.

This year I used the online booking form on www.condetransfers.com as I seem to recall that last year I did not receive a response from Jose and forum posts said that this was now the way to book.

I feel really sorry for Jose if this is all as it seems because he must be losing a lot of business if it is the 'rogue' company taking these bookings. As I said in my original post we have used his company for many visits to PP and have been more than satisfied with the service received. Sadly unless this is resolved and we know for certain who we are dealing with we will not take the risk of using Conde again.

hampshire
Level Contributor
649 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conde Taxis.

There is an email on PuertoPollenca.Com Forum which says how to contact Joseph Conde direct but Im afraid after last year we havent taken the risk as feel if you go on that website and book you get the Rogue company

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conde Taxis.

Sadly, I feel Jose is not doing himself or the separate company any favours by the publicity.

I suspect it’s a lot more complex than is been indicated by Jose in his accusatory message. Earlier reports and my own experience suggest it’s not a “rogue” company. But all very messy.

It was reported in about mid-2016 that Jose had “sold” his business to other parties; then it seems he took a sabbatical in peak season. Subsequently, he started again in about Sept, competing with his previously owned business.

The names of the two companies are too similar but the booking process is markedly different.

The new business created an improved website and opened an office in the centre of Puerto Pollensa (I went in it in Sept, located almost next to Bonys & facing Tiberi). The newly owned transfer business is booked via a new website and now gives reference numbers for bookings.

Jose’s restarted business is run by email not website, by Jose (Flavia has indicated that includes whilst he is driving).

In contrast to kaleg, I have for several years booked Conde Transfers via the website only, never via emails.

So up to and including 2015 I was booking Jose’s original business via that simple, but effective, website. All transfers went well.

In 2016 I again booked via the (new, improved) website and again all transfers went well (via the new company).

Unless a showstopper arises soon, this summer I will continue to book via the website as usual (ie use the new company; they seemed fine to me).

All very sad. Jose had grown a good and effective business over the years. It’s impossible to understand what really happened in 2016. "Sold" and "stealing identities" are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

My own approach = continue as usual via website booking until and unless something goes wrong or is likely to go wrong.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conde Taxis.

luckjon post #2 - if you booked with taxisconde (via email I assume?) for Monday's trip, I believe you've booked direct with Jose rather than the new company I used in 2016. Please let us know how it goes.

9. Re: Conde Taxis.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2017, 21:34

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conde Taxis.

Regarding vehicle quality and size -

Over the years I've booked numerous trips with Conde Transfers website, for passenger numbers 2, 4, 5 or 6.

Up to 2015 (when Jose ran everything) if it was just 2 passengers, it was always luxury car. Anything 4 or more was a much larger vehicle. Once we has a rundown coach, so in all subsequent bookings I added comments that I wanted a quality vehicle (and have got them).

In 2016, with the new company, on all five trips it was a larger vehicle (even for just 2 people), but always at or towards luxury end as requested in the booking.

And no special benefits - Conde do not know my identity as DE for the resort (even though I've twice been driven by Jose himself and twice driven by Xisco (who seems to be a key player in the new company).

Reply to: Conde Taxis.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca