We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi, we are staying at the Hotel Uyal for 10 days from tomorrow and looking for recommendations for car hire close by. Also, is the driving around Majorca fairly easy? I have a very nervous passenger! Cheers, Anne

3 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

I always use Hiper for car hire from their office in PP. Strongly recommend you book online in advance, rather than just turning up at their office.

http://www.hiperrentacar.com/en/

Driving around is generally quit easy. Palma centre is a bit of a challenge, for parking especially. Mountain roads are also a bit of a challenge but worth it as they are so scenic. Condition of roads is better than in UK..

Edited: 10 October 2017, 16:10
Essex, England
Level Contributor
238 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

We usually hire a car from the airport but used hiper from their office in pp this year and no problems at all very reasonable price wise not quite as new a car as we usually get but no problems nonetheless ( we pre-booked). The only other place I would maybe not recommend for nervous passenger would be the back streets of Pollensa old town. Some turnings are extremely narrow and sometimes make me nervous if I am driving, there are places to park at the front of town where turnings are not so narrow though.

We have on a couple of occasions visited Palma by driving to festival park and picking up the train from there, easy to park and only a few stops away. Sa Pobla also has a train station for a longer journey on the train.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

We used SixT at the airport. Quick pickup, no haggling and trying to rip you off. The car got damaged by vandals and they didn't make any attempt to charge us despite us not taking out their policy.

Generally the roads are pretty easy, but obviously it depends where you go, The mountains are a bit tricky

Reply to: Car Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca