We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Booked Villa Roina for 8 professional women celebrating a 40th birthday. The photos look great on the site but don't have dates of when they were posted! If anyone has stayed here recently can you share your comments on the villa especially in relation to how near is the town, port, beach, supermarket, restaurants and other relevant information.Did you walk or take taxis. Thanks

18 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,212 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Its roughly here https://goo.gl/maps/uiJnPB11Tu32 and 10-15 minute walk to the Playa ,

Edited: 22 November 2017, 19:43
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Did you stay there ab2pcs? Dubgirlie if you can't find reliable reviews I would look elsewhere.

Edited: 22 November 2017, 20:10
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Not stayed there, but just looked at the advert and location map.

It's about 15 or so mins to resort centre where there's the main concentration of restos, bars and shops. Good beach just a few mins further. Supermarket options are just under 10 mins walk from that villa. No need for taxi IMO

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

There are a few reviews going back a few years just looking for more recent ones! Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Bit Puzzled ??

Is it still legal to book place like this ?

Edited: 23 November 2017, 23:09
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Yes, so long as they have a licence which, until now, have been easy to obtain for villas. Of course, lots of owners chose not to apply for one because then they have to conform to certain standards and pay tax on the rental income.

It is apartment rentals that are (and always have been) illegal, but the authorities are just starting to clamp down on it now.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

We are booked through a site Villa Plus which is guaranteed ABTA

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

Villa Plus is a well known company. I would still like to see a recent unbiased review if it were me but you've at least got a company with history backing it up.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

True...well we have it booked so hoping it will be as good as it's advertised. I will definitely be posting after I stay there! I am also going to contact Villa Plus in the meantime and ask what their policy is in relation to check ups on properties they advertise. Thanks guys

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stay in Villa Roina

I would also ask VillaPlus to confirm the licence number. The rental is illegal if there isn't a licence number for the villa. And no new licences are being issued from now on (until 2019 ?)

Reply to: Anyone stay in Villa Roina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca