We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Can someone tell me which of these two towns is the most developed. I am trying to plan a holiday for 2 adults & two children in late July or early August and don't want anywhere wild. I am looking for somewhere relatively quiet, nice restaurants, good beach, no wild nightlife or lagerlouts. Thanks for your help.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

No contest.Puerto Pollensa should win your approval hands down.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

You've said it all - your wording of "somewhere relatively quiet, nice restaurants, good beach, no wild nightlife or lagerlouts" is an exact decription of Puerto Pollensa.

Burton on Trent
Level Contributor
154 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

It has to be Puerto Pollensa it has everything for families the beach is amazing and it has lots of places to eat.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Snap pp

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Thank you all for your help. I have one more question can anyone recommend a nice two bedroom apartment with shared pool in PP?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Yes I can.Maricel Apartments one block back from the seafront prom on Calle Formentor.Air-con.Be sure to pay the supplement for the pool view apartments as the road view ones by comparison are dark and depressing.High standards of maintenance and cleaning,managed by Hotel Miramar which says it all.It used to be exclusive to Travel Club of Upminster but this year according to an e-mail I received this month from the Sastre family they can be booked through Hotel Miramar.Spacious,well located for resort centre.I have stayed there twice.I will send you the website addresses if you are interested.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Holly - it's worth having a good look at the excellent website www.puertopollensa.com. It includes lots of info about accomodation and locations etc.

IRELAND
Level Contributor
96 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

Holly,

I've just booked the following apartment for May - the owner seems very nice and has been very helpful with all my questions

http://PuertoPollensa.com/tramuntanaview/

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

I used this apartment last year it is very nice small pool may not be good for children ??.

10. Re: Puerto Pollensa or Puerto Alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 21:05
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca