We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa roina

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
villa roina

Hi . We have booked the Villa Roina in Puerto Pollensa in Aug .Has anyone stayed there or knows of it

Ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: villa roina

Hi

We have the same villa booked for 2 weeks at the end of June/ early July and I too would love to hear from other people who have stayed there.

We walked past the Roina every day last year when we stayed in a villa just up the road. The loctaion is excellent (5-10 mins walk from main square) and the grounds are great. I have a similar request posted on another forum too.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa roina

Thanks for your reply I was beginning to think no one had heard of it, if you get any feed back on your other post please let me know , I go late Aug - Sept

Ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: villa roina

No Problem.

Do you know Puerto Pollensa well and where the Villa Roina is?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa roina

I know where it is but I don't know this particular property.It is in Siller which is a mixed residential area of villas,apartments,houses most of quite recent construction on the outskirts of Puerto Pollensa just off the main road to Old Pollensa.Its main attraction is that it is walking distance from town and the beach although as walks in the area go not a particularly pleasant one.It is handy for the large Eroski supermarket by the petrol station roundabout which is an excellent place for self-caterers to shop.If you have children take care of them when crossing the roads at this busy spot.

There is just one impartial review of Villa Roina I can find on

www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk

It is not at all complimentary of the villa itself or Villa Plus who let it.But it is only one review so not necessarily a balanced view.

There are many reviews of the villa on the Villa Plus website and they are all favourable.However as these have been edited and selected by Villa Plus I would not take them too seriously.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa roina

I've only been to pp once before in 2002 , the new road didn't exist then so it's unlikely many of the villas did either, I have found the villa on the map but on the satellite it was still farm buildings when it was photographed . I have seen the review WirralScouse mentions it's dated 2008 so it may have been the year it opened ,the complaint is about it not being finished . We usually hire a car but this time we haven't so I was a little concerned about the distance into town but a couple of reply s , including your own reassures me there is no problem

Ireland
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: villa roina

I go to PP every year and myself and extended family have stayed in a couple of villas in Siller.

In my opinion, the Roina is one of the best in terms of location. To access the Roina you enter from the main new road. The private entrance has electronic gates and then a long lit driveway (villa not near main road so no noise concerns) will take you to the pool and front door.

To walk from the villa into the square will take you 10 mins at the most and the large supermarket that WirralScouse refers to is just 5 mins up the new road. There is no need at all for a car everything is literally on your doorstep.

The roads around Siller are quite narrow and at night very dark and walking through them can be a bit hazordous with this villa you do not have to worry.

Roll on June!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa roina

That you can access Villa Roina directly from the new by-pass and down an illuminated and gated private driveway will make the walk to and from town a lot more pleasant especially after dark.And as the place seems to be set within spacious grounds it is unlikely that the few barking dogs of Siller (part guard/part pet) will bother you.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa roina

Thanks for all the good news , what a stroke of luck you having knowledge of the entrance Tafita, I couldn't figure out why there was no photographs of the front of the place but of course the brochure photo is the front , there must be a road at the back as well . It all sounds quite posh .

Thank you both & likewise roll on August

9. Re: villa roina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca