We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Swansea
6 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Please help I'm looking for a really nice apartment for 2 adults & 2 children or a hotel would be fine too in Puerto Pollensa close to beach. Must be clean with shared pool including childrens pool so kids can make friends. Can anybody recommend anywhere??

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Bearing in mind your priority requirements include your children integrating with others then take a look at Valentin Aparthotel Puerto Azul.Close to resort centre and the beach.The accent is all on happy holidays for childrenand there is lots of entertainment laid on to keep them happy and occupied.I would not recommend it to childfree couples.

It is in the Thomson Summer Sun 2010 programme.

Playa Mar is on the same lines but it is much further from the resort centre and beach.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

I agree - the Puerto Azul would be a good choice for your requirements

Swansea
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Thanks both. Is the accommodation there of a good standard - particularly in terms of cleanliness?

Swansea
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

How far a walk is the Play Mar from the town centre & main beach and are there any other beaches nearer to it?

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Hi there,

We stayed at the Puerto Azul 5 years ago. Was clean, spacious rooms, lots of choice in the evening at dinner and there is a separate kids buffet. Only a 2 min walk to the beach and lots of nearby shops and restaurants if you fancied a change. There is a lot of entertainment at this hotel which is very geared for the children, could get on some peoples nerves but it kept my daughter who was 6 at the time very happy!

Have not now been abroad for over 3 years but we have booked to go back to this hotel this year as a family of 4 now, so will be the first time with our son who will be 21/2 when we go.

Hope this helps a bit. Not sure about the Playa Mar because not stayed there, can remember passing it though and it looked really nice and so did the pools. think it was quite a walk to get to the beach though!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

"Clean and functional but for 3* you shouldn't expect 5* luxury" is how I would describe the accommodation at Puerto Azul.That there are separated blocks of apartments makes you feel not as hemmed in on all sides as you would in a conventional aparthotel.The kitchenettes can be useful but are just about devoid of utensils.I believe it is cheaper to buy a kettle in the big supermarket than hire one.

Playa Mar is more modern and some of the apartments are brighter than Puerto Azul as there are bigger windows.I would have a look at both these places on TA Hotel Reviews and decide which you would prefer.Playa Mar is a good 20 minutes walk into the resort and the Pine Walk surface is not good for wheeling a buggy on, it being uneven.Young children find such a long walk back from town a bit of a drag.There are some small shallow beaches within 5-10 minutes walk but they do get very crowded in peak season and the pine trees can shade the sun in the afternoons and evenings.The main beach is the opposite end of the resort on the Alcudia side and it would take 25 minutes or more to walk to it.But there is a decent size beach in front Hotel Miramar with sunbeds and parasols and that is 20 minutes.The seawater quality is sometimes not as good as on other beaches in the resort.

My own personal opinion based on my experience of staying in Puerto Azul and observing Playa Mar is that the former is more appreciated by younger children and infants and the latter by teens.I have heard comments about gangs of teens forming in Playa Mar and being unruly and threatening to younger children out of their parents' sight but I have no evidence of this.Perhaps there are comments on Hotel Reviews which I have not read for a couple of years.

There is no doubt you can get better quality accommodation by renting an apartment.You could get a shared swimming pool too.What you won't get that way is organised entertainment geared to children led by qualified and experienced Kids Club hosts and hostesses.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Playa Mar is on the northern outskirts of PP. Here's a few walking times from Playa Mar (normal speed, it would be slower with a young child walking) -

To the nearest bit of sea & sand = 5 mins (but not a good beach there. It's at the extreme end of the bay and IMO not very good).

To the first (small) sandy area that one might sunbath upon etc = 10 mins.

To a good beach area where many people go and there are sun umbrellas etc = 15 mins. (You'll see me in that area)

To the centre of PP = 20 mins.

Despite the distance, that walk along Pine Walk pathway is lovely - right by the sea, no cars. And there's a few places that one can feed fish or sit and take in the stupendous view.

(After the centre of PP there's the south beach that stretches along for another 15 - 20 mins walk if you prefer to go on that beach.)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

You will see I have replied to the Playa Mar post, but just to say KWUK has his timing off to a tee, almost as if he has done it xx times!!! When we go the beach it is usually the section 15-20 mins walk away - not far from Pines Cafe!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

Yes linz68, I have done it so many times I've lost count. It's such a lovely walk I do it often "just because it's there" as a morning (so called) fitness walk. I'm sure I will be doing it again this year another "n" times, but not yet booked.

10. Re: Puerto Pollensa Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations