We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in puerto pollensa

Wales
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in puerto pollensa

Hi, decided to try puerto pollensa for our first hol in Majorca,looked at that many hotels find I'm getting confused. Just want nice clean room or apartment for husband and myself, don't mind 10-15 min walk to square, would like to be near beach and pool would be nice.Am I asking too much to want to pay £550-£620 package ?!! any help would be great !

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

Hi we have always stayed in hostal bahia its set on the pinewalk and right on the beach its a typical spanish style hotel with a fablous terrace out front where a buffet breakfast is served check out reviews on ta hope this helps.

Dunstable, United...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

We have just come back from PP stayed in this very nice apt.

puertopollensa.com/Spain/… just 10 minutes walk to square nice outlook and good price. Book your own flights etc,

Wales
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

Thanks, Bahia looks good, unfortunately apartment is unavailable for dates we want. anyone been to Pollentia hotel ? still keen to give Puerto Pollensa a go though ,it looks like our kind of place.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

Thanks for quoting your budget.However, month of year travelling has a big impact on prices.July/August is peak season (UK school holidays) and the prices are (almost) stupid.If you can avoid those months you will get better value.Also July and August are usually stinking hot.

On places mentioned so far,shinner meant Hotel Bahia not the apartments with a similar name.But hotel has no pool.Only the rooms without SV are reasonably priced though it is probably one of the most characterful hotels in the town with a location to die for.

I know the resort quite well and have stayed in many of the hotels and apartments personally.But opinions are just that and your ideals may differ from mine but here is my advice for what it is worth.

Hotel Pollensa Park ticks all the boxes of your spec.It has the largest swimming pool in PP,5 minutes from the beach,15 minutes from resort centre.Yes it is a large hotel,by far the largest in the town, and the food is not up to much but if you can get B&B terms so much the better.It is fully air-conned and the bedrooms and bathrooms are decent size,very clean with good quality towels and bed linen.The drinks prices in the bar are a rip-off but there are bars just outside where you can drink for nearly half the price eg Bon Dia owned by Jon originally from St Helens and it is an internet cafe too as well as having 2 Sky Sports screens if your husband likes that..If you can, get a pool view room at Pollensa Park to avoid overlooking the quite noisey karaoke Palms Bar (which does thankfully close at midnight).

It's not the Ritz but it doesn't cost a lot either.Hotel Pollentia is a bit too basic for me and dated.But it is clean and it also meets your spec.Hotel Galeon is good but I heard Thomas Cook were dropping it from their programme-don't know if they have for 2010.

I don't know many people who didn't like Puerto Pollensa.It's not Fun City but it is a friendly,quiet,peaceful and attractive resort-a bit more expensive than some others in Majorca.No lager louts or late night partying places.

Wales
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

thanks all, your comments really helped.looking forward to Puert Pollensa!

6. Re: where to stay in puerto pollensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca