We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expensive

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
expensive

just wondering i am looking to book a weeks holidays in pollenca but have been toold its quite expensive to eat out and the alchol is very expensive even in the supermarkets now er are no big cona surs but ejoy steak and chicken and italian foods just wondering if anyone can enlighten me we will be a family of 4 loking to stay in the flora apts many tyhanks in advance !!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: expensive

I have to agree that eating/drinking out in Puerto Pollensa is costlier than many other resorts GENERALLY SPEAKING.However it is still possible to find reasonable quality food at very reasonable prices.Around the Church Square,only a short walk from Flora,there are so many eateries to choose from that competition suppresses prices.

Pasta,pizza,Chinese,chicken are all cheap.Steak is not.

Some money-saving hints:-

Use the large Eroski supermarket by the petrol station to buy your booze and soft drinks.Wine,spirits,lager in multi-pack cans and Coke,Sprite etc are much much cheaper than at home.Buy your mineral water there too.You will need the 4 of you to carry it all!

Eroski sell hot freshly roasted chickens like you get here from the Tesco rotisserie.They are very popular even with the locals.

If you can eat your main meal at lunchtime look for the Menu del Dia which most restaurants do.The menu choice and the price will be on a chalkboard outside.2 courses with a choice for each course plus a glass of wine or beer for 10-14 euros each.One place near the Australian Bar do a menu del dia for 9 euros.

Oh and finally.A few TexMex places have sprung up in the last few years.I have never heard anybody say they had a good meal at any of them.They are in prime locations too.Might be worth giving them a miss.There is much better value available elsewhere.

I hope you all enjoy your holiday.Most first timers to Puerto Pollensa do.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: expensive

I guess it is like most places, it depends where you eat and drink etc, but to give you an idea, we have been as a family of 4 (kids 9 and 12) for the last couple of years on self catering basis We eat out pretty much every evening with the odd lunch out - mainly just make a sandwich etc. Think we spent around 1300-1400 last year, which includes everything else.

Found a nice little bar last year, Pat and Debs, just off the square which was great value for drinks and nice people. Hope this helps.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: expensive

Looking at WS's comment, agree entirely about the Eroski, save a fortune shopping there compared to the smaller Spa's.

Re the Tex-Mex, I have heard lots of bad reports about the Dakota ones, but Nicos near the square is very nice, we have been several times over the last few years, including with friends who enjoyed it. Thoroughly recommend it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,311 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: expensive

Hi - as has already been said, PP tends to be slightly higher priced than average for Majorca, but there are plenty of good value places to eat if you look carefully. Very close to Flora Apts you will find Trios Restaurant where you can get a full three course evening meal (incl good food & wine) at a very good value price.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: expensive

Yes KWUK.Thanks for mentioning Trio.Less than 20 euros per person for the full monty as you describe.Trio and Tango are owned by the same group and do a similar deal.Mrs WS and I have just been out locally to an unpretentious resto on the River Dee estuary front at Parkgate (Marsh Cat) to celebrate my birthday which was yesterday.2 courses each, 1 mineral water,2 glasses white wine,1 bottle of (very poor-bottled in UK that is why) Australian Shiraz £53.50 before gratuity.Oh how I wish the same celebration could have been in Puerto Pollensa.

But don't you always wonder how restos in Spain are so much better/cheaper than at home?

Shropshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: expensive

We came back from PP last week having stayed at the Flora.We were Band B .The breakfasts were well worth the money.The breakfast were include in our booking and the English was 3 rasher/2 eggs/ 2 toasts/a sausage/ some baked beans/half a tomatoe.You could back this up with some of the continental type stuff on offer.

Eating out can be expensive, especial the drinks....beer from 2.70 euros to 4 !

Sangria 4 e. for half a litre to 10 euros.!!!!! There are places that do cheaper food, you just need to hunt them down eg. The Pines (very English) we had two meals with drinks and the bill was 22 euros.Look at the Flora set menu, 3 courses for 10 euros..very acceptable food

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: expensive

Nico's is fine. I've had quite a few nice meals there, and yes, it's in a nice location to sit back and people-watch... :-)

And I'm also not keen on the Dakota one...

Forres, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: expensive

Hey we found a great place looking out at the sea called jokers, they had given us the best steak ever. we had 2 courses each and i had 2 cocktails and my hubby had 2 cokes and my son 2 non alcoholic cocktails and we were about £35 for all that. the service was great too. we go back in a few weeks and i know that will be where we will eat out.

I personally hadnt found the place to be that expensive, and we hate feeling ripped off!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: expensive

linz68 is that for 1 week or 2????????

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: expensive