We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas

Nottingham
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas

Hi,

We're off to Puerto Pollensa for the first time in a couple of weeks. We like to eat where the locals go so if anyone can recommend some places that would be great, especially for tapas.

Thanks alot

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas

Try the Bar Neptuno, on the Carretera Formentor, opposite Restaurant Hibiscus. The Bar Neptuno serves great tapas, they're one of my favourites.

You can order single rations, or they do a big plate and you can pick and mix about 5 or 6 different types of tapas. They do Russian salad, pulpo gallego (octopus), different types of croquettes, frito mallorquín (both fish and meat types), trampó (typical Majorcan salad), gambas al ajillo (prawns fried in garlic oil), albondigas picantes (spicy meatballs), calamares a la romana (squid rings fried in batter), tumbet (Majorcan style ratatouille), etc. All very tasty, and not too expensive. Plus, the bar has been there for years and years and years (I can remember going there about 20 years ago).

I'm feeling hungry now!. :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas

Yes Neptune is the tapas place in Pto Pollensa.So popular with locals which is a good indicator.Bog basic,no luxury,enjoy.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas

I forgot to mention that "escalivada" is nice too... It's a typical dish of Catalunya, and is a salad of grilled vegetables (usually tomatoes, aubergines, red peppers, onions and garlic) with a drizzle of olive oil and plenty salt. They usually serve in Neptuno's too.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas

dani would you like to tell us about Tumbet? Love it.So tomato-ey.Like mallorquinfrit a lovely strong flavoured local dish.mallorquinfrit is on the lines of haggis,lots of offal (heaven knows what body parts of the beast go into it) but my oh my so tasty.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas

That sounds great, will definitely give Bar Neptuno a try - it sounds just the sort of place we're looking for, can't wait!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas

Hi again,

Looking at a street map of PP, Calle Formentor looks a fairly long street, is Bar Neptuno at the marina end or the other end? We're staying in the Gotmar area but walking is no problem for us if its a bit of a distance.

Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas

It'snearer to the marina end.Look for Hibiscus Restaurant and Banca March (bank).Neptune is between the two on same side of the street on a corner with a pedestrianised alley that leads down towards the Church Square.There is a blue and white sign outside..

Nottingham
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tapas

Ok thats great, we should be able to find it now no problem.

Thanks alot!

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tapas

What about tumbet?. I'm afraid that I don't get the question!. I love it!. :-) I could eat it virtually every day, that and trampó.

Oh, and whoever is going to Neptuno's, don't forget to order "alioli" and bread. That's garlic mayonnaise. And if you order the "gambas al ajillo" (prawns in garlic), you'll need plenty of bread to mop up the garlic oil...

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tapas

I love it too-tumbet that is.I thought as a Majorca resident dani you could tell us what else is in it apart from tomatoes.I love tomatoes in all forms and the more concentrated the flavour the more I like.I recall some basil and possibly hints of garlic perhaps some onion in tumbet.

Tramo is a new one on me.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations