We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
82 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas

Hi,

We're off to Puerto Pollensa for the first time in a couple of weeks. We like to eat where the locals go so if anyone can recommend some places that would be great, especially for tapas.

Thanks alot

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tapas

Tumbet = potatoes, tomatoes, red or green peppers, aubergines, garlic (lots of), laurel leaf, sugar, salt, black pepper, olive oil. Delicious.

Trampó = green peppers, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, salt. Sometimes with tuna too. I love it!.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tapas

Thanks dani.I had no idea how many ingredients went into tumbet.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Tapas

hi all I'm also going there for the first time this weekend - we are staying in puerto pollensa - can anyone tell the exact location of Neptune resturaunt, ie street name - I'm trying to locate it in relation to our apartments! and any other good food tips welcome - we love to try the local tastes!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,879 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tapas

Hi travelcrazy - Neptune's location - look for Hotel Daina on the front not far from the marina roundabout - and the Neptune is the small place on the road (Calle Formentor) immediately behind the Daina, about 25 yds to the left of Daina.

For local-speciality evening meals try La Fortaleza. It's about 200 yds from Neptune on that same road but in the other direction. I recommend cod in roasted red peppers and pork loin wrapped in cabbage leaves. And the pears poached in red wine are great for desert.

And for tapas - avoid - the obvious place called Tapas y Punto (not as good as other places and can be very expensive for what is provided) located on the front near the Miramar.

Edited: 24 September 2010, 14:48
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tapas

Other good local restaurants (but not for tapas) are:

El Posito in the port, Llebeig 8 (behind the square).

Eu Centro, c/Temple, 3, in the old town.

Cantonet, C/Monti Sion, 20, in the old town. More up-market, but excellent.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tapas

Just to let you all know that I tried "trampó" with orange juice over it, as a dressing a few days ago, and my, how delicious!!!. A modern twist on a classic Majorcan recipe!.

17. Re: Tapas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca