We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

KENT
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to Palma and then to PP for 2 weeks in mid to late March. Can anyone give me an idea of the weather to expect and what I will find open - esp in PP.

I will be travelling alone and I have some walking difficulties. I may well be hiring a scooter for some days. What is Palma like for walking in the old part of the city.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

The weather in March will certainly be cool in the evenings, and will vary during the day from warm with the chance of a very sunny day or so, to cool with rain.

The old part of Palma can be quite difficult for walking if you're not too steady. Lots of the streets have cobbles which are uneven.

I will leave the PP part of your question to someone else to answer as I am not too familiar with that area.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Pto Pollensa will be 25% open in March.Some restaurants/bars open.The weather is likely to be changeable,cool and showery.Not what you want on a scooter.Pto Pollensa is a good resort for visitors with walking difficulties as it is totally flat.

KENT
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Thank you very much for that post. It is very helpful. I try not to let my disability spoil my desire to travel so I am always looking for ways round any obstacles; it is very important, however, to be prepared for them. When you say 'lots of the streets are cobbled' can you say where? which streets? I am planning to hire a mobility scooter and take my time, spending lots of time in bars and restaurants!

I would love to stay in the Dalt Murada as this is very much my type of place. Do you know it enough to say whether it has stairs/steps (I can manage some, though going up and down can be tiring) or if it has the sort of foyer where you could leave a mobility scooter?

I would be very interested in your advices as these will colour when and how and, if, I will go!

KENT
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Thank you for that. Maybe a little later, or April, would be better? I would like to stay at Sis Pins; whereabouts is it in relation to the marina, and would they have a foyer to keep a mobility scooter in? Are there any good restaurants open?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Sis Pins is almost at the start of the renowned Pine Walk.It is on the pedestrianised promenade and overlooks the sea.A lovely spot.It is approx 800 meteres from the marina which is the other side of the roundabout/bus stop/taxi rank.The hotel has a flat approach and does have enough space for a scooter.I don't know about rooms for disabled though.

Many good restaurants stay open year round.Restaurant Stay is one of them and my first choice if I want to splash out.Have a look at their website, whet your appetite by scouring the menus and drool.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Fallfallow - the Sis Pins would be an excellent choice of hotel. It is in a perfect location for you - and is a great hotel as well. An alternative to consider, equally good if not better and very close by, is Hotel Miramar. There are places in Puerto Pollensa where one can hire a mobility scooter.

hampshire
Level Contributor
552 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Hello as everyone has said Port de Pollenca is very flat and you have been given a lot of advice there

We have stayed in the old part of Palma a few times very near to the Cathedral and there are a lot of cobbles and steps around To get up into the very old interesting streets there are lots of steps There are probablly ways round and I dont know if The tourist office can help ??

The sea front is flat and lots of walks that way but also lots of traffic with big wide streets to cross ( traffic lights ) to get there so Im not sure about Palma but PP is a lovely place

KENT
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

Hi everybody and thank you for all your advice. I have now booked a few nights at the Dalt Murada and then 10 days at the Sis Pins and I'm so looking forward to it! I shall find a way to get around Palma; I've hired a scooter which they say will manage cobbles and I can cope with some walking, even up steps a bit. And I'll have the time at PP to recover! Thanks again.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

FF if you are in PP between 7th and 12th April we will look out for you.There won't be many mobility scooters around then.I would be delighted to buy you a drink and have a wee chat.You do sound resourceful.You may not require TA company?

10. Re: Palma and Port de Pollenca in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2012, 06:03
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca