We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel advice pls

UK
13 posts
Save Topic
Good Hotel advice pls

Looking for a good, clean hotel, good food etc. Near to a safe, clean sandy beach and within walking distance of shops/restaurants. No noisy nightlife as we'll be travelling with a 9 and 7 yr old.

Not been abroad with our children before but people have suggested puerto pollensa? I've read through lots of forums etc but really difficult when good hotels seem to get bad reviews.

Thank you

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Here is the list of hotels by their rating srarting from no 1 in Majorca. Use the list to pick the one that suits you.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187462-Majorca_Bal…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Chris - PP is ideal for a family with 9 & 7 yr olds, and who want to avoid noisy nightlife. It's also got nearly 2 miles of safe,clean sandy beachfront.

A key question is whether you want your accommodation to be of the type that provides entertainment & kids clubs for instance or whether you want it to be more quiet and private. If you could give us a 'steer' on that it would be easier to answer your request.

One quick observation - IMO, I do not recommend booking anything more than B&B. PP has a great range of eating places, all types, all price ranges and all suitable for families - and it's part of the attraction of the place to eat out rather than in the hotel.

IMO the best / nicest hotel in PP is Hotel Miramar; ideal location and very well run. However, even though the owners are a great family, I would not feel comfortable taking a 7 & 9 yr old there as the hotel tends to be occupied more by couples whose families have 'fled the nest'.

If you come back with details of what's important to you regarding a hotel (and info on low or medium or high budget), I can give a better response

scotland
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

For the age of your family and to save you worrying about noise and safety I reckon a good All Inclusive hotel would be best for you.

I will probably get shot down for this recommendation, but as a family you can still go out at night but everything you need, will be in the hotel if needed, plus the kids will always get something to eat.

If you go out to dinner and they dont like it, you will still have to pay for it, then you worry that they havent had any dinner!

I know, been there done that.

Plus a hotel has kids themed entertainment on during the day and at night. Hope you enjoy yourselves!!

Edited: 12 February 2011, 22:41
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

The only AI hotels anywhere near Pto Pollensa are more than walking distance from the town centre and a bus or taxi is needed.They are nearer Alcudia than Pto Pollensa.

St Helier, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Hi Chris,

Link to a few AI in Puerto Pollensa. Since holidaying in PP in private apartments we have never looked back. More privacy, more space, you can come and go as you please, also less madness round the pool. Kids can still make friends round the pool or on the amazing beach. For the price of a Drink/Coffee you can use all hotels entertainment, eat in them too if you wish. Now that we take our Granddaughter (3yrs) we go along to one now and again with great entertaiment that the kids can join in with for the first few hours then when they get tired out it's back to a very peaceful environment for drinks on the balcony while they are tucked up in bed. Of course, if they have the stamina, you can stay till they end (12.00 usually) Always made to feel welcome and they are glad of your custom.

www.puertopollensa.com/all-inclusive.html

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Thank you all for your advice/comments. Very much appreciated.

KWUK - budget prob low to med this year! Most important is good/clean/sandy beach close to safe water. Also as far as rooms are concerned bit worried about having two rooms (even if connected) so would prefer 1 family room. Tea/coffee facilities. Good swimming pool - is there a lifeguard?

Alicanteman - did think about AI with two small children as I know I will end up paying a fortune on the countless drinks etc. Was rather put off though as people have mentioned that quality and variation on food is bad in AI.

I have looked at Sis Pins hotel but was a bit put off by the photo of the inside seating area - looks a bit old???

Entertainment at night would be nice for the children but prob wouldnt want to go every night. Good eating out places.

Thank you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Chris - yes the Sis Pins is a traditional hotel, hence the look of the inside. Its a good hotel in a superb location, though IMO I wouldn't stay there with two young children (as again most visitors' children have fled the nest)

Have a look at Valentin Puerto Azul aparthotel. Good sized pools and in an excellent location about 100 yds back from seafront, close to Sis Pins. P Azul can be quite lively with kids entertainment clubs etc.

Similar sort of type and facilities, similar good location consider Flora aparthotel. Pool area not as good as Puerto Azul though.

PP is very strong on apartments and that might be a better-fit for your group.

There are so many from which to choose but have a look at Sangri La Apts (Acron, Brite and Circe blocks). All privately owned, quiet, no entertainment and have a very nice pool complex combined with a good location (we've stayed there twice). Try this link http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/ and select Pine Walk area from the location dropdown. And there are planty more apts from which to choose.

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Thank you. Since my reply re Sis Pins, I don't think it's a option now anyway as they don't seem to do a room big enough for 4 and I don't want 2 rooms. Will have a look at your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Scotland
Level Contributor
626 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

We are past the age of holidaying with young kids, so usually go for an apartment, but we do have friends with young children who go back year after year to the Bahia Pollensa apartments. We have visited them there, used the restaurant, and been to the evening entertainment, which was great; and all the kids seemed to have bonded into one group who all got on very well. The apartments are in a quiet, residential area, a little out from the centre, but only about 3 minutes walk to what I think is the best part of the beach - broad, flat and safe. A selection of bars and restaurants nearby, and the busier centre of PP within an easy stroll along the prom.

UK
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Hotel advice pls

Thank you Macabi Scotland. I've also just seen your other post about transfer from the airport which was something my husband was concerned about.

Is there much to do with small children there apart from the beach?

Thank you.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca