We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Pollentia

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Pollentia

We will be going to the Hotel Pollentia on 28th July, with Jet2 Holidays. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated, can rooms be requested via email, good restaurants, bars etc. cost of sunbeds etc on the beach, how long does it take to get there from the airport,anything us two 60 year olds need to know to make our stay GREAT!

Thanks.

palma
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Hi, I can answer any questions from the airport to pp is 45 minutes by car. restaurants are many and mostly very good, depends on what you seek, the best for me if the price does not matter are Stay or La Lonja.

Tango and trio are highly recommended and inexpensive.

And on the bars, either, always according to what you're looking, karaoke, music bars, or to relax.

Take a walk and see

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Hi alxmall, many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. I was wondering if tne Hotel are accomodating on particular room requests. Do you have any contact details for the hotel? Jet2 Holidays say that we are on a Shuttle bus from the airport to the resort, does that mean that there will be lots of drop offs on the way? Really looking forward to going back to my early stomping grounds back in 1969 when we stayed at the Hotel Amoros in Cala Ratjada for the next years. Used to go down to the small harbour bar, listen to the Beatles White Album, Bacardi and Coke, Tequilla and crepes at 5 pesos a go, Ah memories!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Pollentia

You are quite a long way out of Pto Pollensa although the restaurant tips in Post 1 are good.You will be heavily dependent on public transport once you get to the hotel if you are not wanting to spend all your time there.You will be on a shared shuttle and all passengers are highly unlikely to be staying at your hotel.So there will be drop-offs en route.You will be on a bus (minibus) carrying passengers for Pto Pollensa and Alcudia.Whether the bus takes the motorway route or the Santa Margalida x-country route from the airport you are more likely to be last-drop or one of.Not 45 minutes no way.Expect 90 minutes.

Pesos? Memories? Are you remembering the right country? Pesetas possibly and 5 pesetas would not ever have bought you a Bacardi and Coke or a crepe as there were 150 or more to the £ pre-euro.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Hi WirralScouse

Thanks for the info, Yes sorry, meant pesetas not pesos, getting mixed up with Cuba. But the crepes with any liquer were only 5 pesetas. this was when you could only take £20 per person spending money and a fortnight full board was £42 each! with Clarksons. My wife and me got engaged there at the Amoros in 1970, again with only £20 each, bought both rings there and lots of presents to bring home and with change left too.

Anybody else remember those days???

St Helier, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Hi Cubacarlos,

If it is Hotel Pollentia you are right on the beach and a nice stroll into town,not far at all, also plenty little bars and restaurants close at hand. Very close to Pollensa Park WS!! Think you may be getting confused with Club Pollentia which is far out!!

I suppose you can only ask Jet2 about room requests, unless you know how to contact the Hotel direct.

If you are looking for a "Trip Down Memory Lane" you will enjoy a Bar/Restaurant called Nostalgia (says it all really)..very centrally positioned and a great evening out. Made me feel young again!! LOL.

Can I also suggest picking up "Holidays in Pollensa" magazine (I'm sure the hotel will provide it or if not ask where you can obtain one) gives loads of info about the resort which will enable you to get the most out of your holiday. Enjoy!!

I have attached a link of the hotel (Thomsons Pictures)

thomson.co.uk/destinations/…

Scotland
Level Contributor
626 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Would suggest you try the website www.puertopollensa.com, which has links to all the accommodation, maps, restaurants, bus timetables and more. It also has a link to the online version of 'Holidays in Pollensa' as mentioned above.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Hey, thank you all for the info, it is much apprciated, and yes it is the Hotel Pollentia we are booked into.WirralScouse, I know it does seem cheap at 5 pesetas per crepe with a liquer sprinkled over it, but that's what it was and the exchange rate back in the summer of '69 (noticed how i just slipped that in) was around 220 to the £1.00. And you mention motorways, there were no luxuries then, those coaches manoevering through those small villages in the dark, mirrors just about missing the house walls. Can't wait to see how it's changed, but then, they DO say you should never go back! Time will tell.

Still waiting for any other memories of those days of Clarksons, Court Line and the Comet 4

Edited: 24 May 2011, 13:24
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Thanks FingersXd.You are correct I was talking about Club Pollentia.Sorry for the confusion.

Yes cubacarlos I can go back as far as you.My first holiday abroad by air was first week in November 1970 to San Antonio Bay in Ibiza.The weather was unbelievably good hot sunshine every day.Like you a Clarksons holiday.We flew from Bristol with Court Lines on a BAC1-11 and it was our honeymoon.The week's HB package cost £33 each! Some of the seats on the plane were facing each other but because neither of us had flown before it didn't strike us as odd.As you say fond memories.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Pollentia

Just had time now to really read through all your replies and advice and digest it all. Thank you all., had a look at all the web links etc and really looking forward to our trip now. And FingersCrossed063 thanks for the tip re "trip down memory lane" and the Nostalgia Bar, it sounds just what we are looking for, plus the Hotel terrace looks really inviting. Talking of Memory Lane, we're planning a day trip back to Cala Ratjada and the Hotel Amoros to see how the place has changed in 40 years since we got engaged there, is there a bus link to there from Pollensa?

Any more tips and advice or memories of your early visits to this area will be much appreciated!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Pollentia

No direct bus between Pto Pollensa and Cala Ratjada.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca