We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarket & pampers nappies

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
supermarket & pampers nappies

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if they is a supermarket next to the playa mar aparthotel in Puerto Pollensa and will I be able to buy pampers nappies? Am travelling with a 11 month old and 2 year old and nappies will take up loads of room in the cases so was thinking of buying them when we arrive. Thanks.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

There is a shop at Playa Mar complex.It is expensive.There is a small supermarket close by nearly opposite the front entrance of Hotel Illa d'Or.I don't know for sure but I doubt either sells Pampers.However they will both sell disposable nappies.

The largest/ best choice of supermarket is Eroski by the roundabout at the petrol station.They sell more British brands than the other supermarkets.If you can get Pampers in PP that is where you will.Absolutely don't take up valuable weight/space in your luggage for more than just a few to tide you over until you can get to a supermarket.

In case you didn't know Playa Mar,which has just had a refurb,is quite a walk into the town.Over 20 minutes.And although the Pine Walk is lovely the uneven surface is less than ideal for buggies.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

Pampers go by the name 'Dodot' in Spain. Both nappies and wipes are available in all but the smallest of supermarkets. ( Have been researching this as my new grandson is coming to visit for the first time! )

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

The shop at the Playa Mar is very small, so doubt they will have nappies. If you have not got a car and are staying at the Playa Mar, my suggestion is to walk into the centre of town and go the Eroski supermarket there (is it not as big as the one WS notes but still a decent size and closer for you), then take a taxi back to the hotel once you stock up (5-6 Euros). That is what we do as we fill up with water etc as it is so much cheaper there, but too heavy to walk back with.

Northampton
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

Thanks everyone every helpful to know they are called dodot in spain and there is a supermarket. Think I'll take enough for a couple of days and then stock up.

lincolnshire
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

I was wondering the same,so thanks for the advice.Also does anyone know if you can buy the ready made babies milk,or tins of powder milk,in the supermarkets in PP atall?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

Yes course you can.The Spanish have babies too and Spain isn't a third world country despite its economic problems.They may not be the brand names you recognise from home (like the disposable nappies) but you can get the same sorts of baby food including jars of pureed fruit and veg.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

You will find lots of useful information at www.babyabroad.co.uk including which supermarkets stock which brands. :-)

8. Re: supermarket & pampers nappies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca