We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uyal or daina please?!

plymouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
uyal or daina please?!

we are a 30 something couple going away for 3 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary, can't decide between these hotels, price is similar. Looking to laze by the pool by day, then have a wander in the evenings! also, it isn't clear if all the rooms in either have balconies, and a balcony is a must! Both look lovely, just wondered if anyone had any comments.

many thanks in advance

xx

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uyal or daina please?!

All down to personal choice; both are fine. Not stayed in either of them (as we always go for an apartment), but I know both of them in general.

If I were to choose between the two I would book for Daina, solely because of its location. It is in the quiet (all of PP is quiet) centre of the resort whereas Uyal is just over 15 mins walk (a pleasant walk along the 'prom') from the centre (where the main concentration of restaurants, bars is to be found).

Both have great views if you can book a room on the front with a balcony; and both are just a few yards from the excellent beach.

IMO go for B&B only in PP, so you can sample the vast range of good eating places (all tastes and all price ranges).

IMO the best hotel is Miramar, and Sis Pins (both very close to Daina); do not be put off by their lack of a pools - as they have sunlounger areas and the beach and sea are only a few strides away

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Miramar
Hotel Miramar
737 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Sis Pins
Sis Pins
807 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
plymouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Thank you so much for your great suggestions, will look into those too.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Of the 2 hotels you mention not all rooms have balconies.Daina is centrally located (for convenience hard to beat).The ground floor areas are quite smart but the upper floors could do with a refit.Of the 2 I would choose Uyal and as the prices are so good I would spoil us and go for a suite with balcony and seaview.As KWUK said it is a walk into town along the front but for me that is OK.

But yes Miramar would be my 1st choice too.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Miramar
Hotel Miramar
737 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
plymouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Thank you for your suggestions, excellent. Do you think that all the sea view rooms would have balconies, it is not clear from booking options. They say "double-sea view" would you take it that this would have a balcony?

thanks again

Vx

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Facts are better than conjecture.If you look up the hotels that interest you on internet booking sites such as booking.com or TravelRepublic you will see the full range of rooms with their facilities.Although it is usual to have balconies with SV rooms there are many hotels where this is not the case eg H Illa d'Or Port de Pollensa.

If you book a package through a tour operator you do not necessarily get the full choice of room options with the better rooms at a supplement.If you book through the likes of the sites I mention you get the full range to choose from.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Illa d'Or
Hotel Illa d'Or
1,226 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Hi there we were booked into the daina and 2 weeks before 'due to a clerical error' they changed our booking to the uyal instead. The room they were giving us had no balcony and no air conditioning, so be careful. Only the suites had aircon and balcony as far as i know and these are not necessarily the sea view. I'd go for the daina as others have said fab position we ended up in the pollensa park instead but at least we had aircon and balcony.

wirral
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: uyal or daina please?!

Hi there we were booked into the daina and 2 weeks before 'due to a clerical error' they changed our booking to the uyal instead. The room they were giving us had no balcony and no air conditioning, so be careful. Only the suites had aircon and balcony as far as i know and these are not necessarily the sea view. I'd go for the daina as others have said fab position we ended up in the pollensa park instead but at least we had aircon and balcony.

8. Re: uyal or daina please?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2012, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca