We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Pollensa advice please

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Pollensa advice please

Hi my boyfreind and I are visiting Puerto pollensa this June. We are staying at the villa Concha.. Hopeing as it is out of usual half term hols in England wont be too crazy with kids. We aren't hiring a car because of the expense, and also alcohol plays a part in most of our evenings on Holiday. Where are some places worth visiting by bus, we like markets, beaches- if they are much nicer than Puerto pollensas. Also heard u can walk to Alcudia-Or im thinking we could get bus there and stroll back late in the evening.. How long would it take and is it a fairly flat walk. Also any rcommendations for good food at a low cost as ive read that its £35 each for a nice meal n we cant afford that for ten nights in a row! Are there buses to alcudia etc late in the evening or would walking/taxi be the only way to get back at 11pm ish? Also is pollensa a walk away or bus? Where are the secluded caves ive heard mentioned- along the pine walk? does anyone know how far it is from villa concha to the pine walk and where are the best places for good (Shallow) snorkling? i know ive asked a lot of questions answers to any would be much appriciated we are a couple in our late twentys thanks very much..

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Hi, lots of questions, but welcome with your first ever post. Here's a few answers; might come back with more later.

Villa Concha is very family oriented; about 10 mins walk from centre of PP, or 3 mins from very good south beach.

Bus to Pollensa old town. A must-do, too far to walk there. Market there Sunday mornings. (Market in PP is Wed mornings).

Bus to Alcudia; much too far to walk all the way round the bay to there. Definitely taxi back late evening; buses stop much earlier and would be long (and dangerous fast road, unlit, no pavement) walk back (but yes, its flat).

Pine Walk is lovely, a must do, it starts just over 10 mins from Villa Concha and goes on for another 15+ mins to end of north bay (not caves, though).

Shallow snorkling near Concha in south bay; there's a rocky reef in the sea about 20 yards from edge of beach that should be good.

Lots of eating, all price ranges. Two very good value places that give good service and good food are Tango and Trios.

Edited: 18 May 2011, 14:38
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Thanks so much thats more help than i was expecting please post any other info you think of thanks again im excited now

Forres, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

if you can get to cala san vincete, the beach there is lovely and according to my husband great for snorkelling too :)

Leicester
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Some of the buses that go to Pollensa Town stop at Cala san Vincente on the way. Buses and taxis leave from the Marina in pp :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Thanks for all your replies so far. Any other info would be appreciated. Also are pollensa n alcudia old towns worth visiting and what are taxis like for price? Similar to Manchester/uk? Also start of June should I pack any cardigans for evening walks? I usually go mid august. Thanks again

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Yes, old towns of Pollenca & Alcudia certainly worth a visit. Pollenca market is of interest, but it's worth visiting Pollenca on a non-market day as well - and do the climb up the 365 steps to the top of the hill for the view & experience.

Taxi service is great, much better than Manchester area IMO (noting I also come from that location).

Yes, pack a cardigan or two. Hopefully you will not need to use them, but better to make sure.

For evening meals, best value for three courses (if that's what you want)comes from the MDD menu that most people do; better value than a la carte, and MDD usually includes some sort of drink. And best value is from places that are one or two streets back from the front (inevitably places charge a bit more when they are right on the front and more towards Pine Walk)

7. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 13:05
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
521 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

If you like Pizzas, definitely recommend Little Italy, they are absolutely fantastic. They are about half way along the Pine Walk, right on the front. Lasy year you had to book a few days in advance though for an evening table.

Tango and Trio are both good (Tango very nice). We travel with kids and we all love Nicos which is a texmex place just off the main square (not to be confused with Dokotas which gets poor reviews).

Sure you will enjoy Bony's Bar in the square for a few drinks on an evening, nice atmosphere and always busy!

palma
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

Good recommendations, if also want to try Majorcan food at a good price, I recommend the Posito, just behind the church

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Pollensa advice please

An extra thought about your bus trip to Alcudia area, you need to bear in mind that the whole resort is very large and its important you get off the bus in the part that meets your requirements - as there are several totally different parts (very different).

There's the old town, then the port area, then the lively discos / bars areas, then the hotels strip with the beach behind them, then a quieter area with beach and finally the nature reserve. It's about 4-5 miles end to end, so make sure you head for the appropriate part.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 12:09
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca