We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Concha or Ora Playa

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oxford
Level Contributor
282 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Concha or Ora Playa

Hubby and I are looking to return to Puerto Pollensa early June 2012, (last stayed Sept 2009), but this time my mum is coming with us.

Heard the apartments may be being spruced up at the Concha during the winter, does anyone have any news on this? Can't see them on the Thomas Cook website for 2012 either.

Have read good reviews for the Ora Playa, but seen they are due for a refurb, again any news? Where are they in relation to the Concha?

Thanks

Port de Pollenca...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Concha or Ora Playa

Hey There,

I can tell you that the reception areas in both of the above have NOT been refurbished. Cannot comment on the bedrooms.

The Oro playa is just off the pine walk. Only about 5 minutes walk from the harbour. The villa concha is near the childrens park, police station and taxi rank. Again only 5 minutes from the Pine walk.

Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Concha or Ora Playa

Hi

Firstly regarding location, you can check them out exactly on Googlemaps (which now has streeview for Puerto Pollensa, so you can see what they really look like from the outside) if you follow these directions -

Villa Concha is 200 yds or so behind the south bay beach promenade; go down Avinguda de Paris and turn into Carrer de Nanses for the front entrance to the complex.

Oro Playa is about 100 yds back from the beach at the start of north bay, near Restaurante Corb Mari. It's entrance is almost at junction between Carrer de Formentor and Avinguda Bocchoris.

Oro Playa is slightly closer to the centre of the resort and is also ideal for Pine Walk area that IMO starts at the narrow footpath by the sea just north of Corb Mari.

Unless Kelly is an Olympic sprinter, IMO her assessment of Villa Concha location is a bit optimistic to Pine Walk. It's a couple of mins to the excellent south beach and the 'prom', but it's more like 8-10 mins to the start of the narrow Pine Walk, but a good location whichever.

Regarding refurbs -

I've no info about V Concha.

Oro Playa was expected to be refurbed winter 2010/2011, but that didn't happen. I've no other info on that. However, the way Oro Playa treated its pre-booked customers when it decided to close earlier than originally planned in 2010 was atrocious IMO.

Also consider Flora and Valentin Puerto Azul, both in great location almost immediately behind Oro Playa and better IMO. All four mentioned are similar family-oriented places.

Edited: 04 July 2011, 20:29
oxford
Level Contributor
282 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Concha or Ora Playa

Thanks for the info, have stayed at Villa Concha before so know where that is.

Will take a look at the Valentin Puerto Azul as am pretty sure Thomas Cook or Thomson go there and we are looking for a package.

Want to try and get somewhere nice as taking mum too (no kids).

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Concha or Ora Playa

direct holidays are doing the villa concha for next year 2012 has i am thinking of going end of may

5. Re: Villa Concha or Ora Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca