We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

Cambs
6 posts
Save Topic
Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

Hi,

my brain is fuzzled from looking at so many resorts and hotels. I think we have decided Port de Pollenca (or perhaps Alcudia) is the place for us, but I would be really grateful of any hotel recommendations. We are looking for a hotel that is not too big we will be travelling with friends and between us have a 4 year old two 7 year old and a 9 year old so would like them to have the opportunity to get involved in kids clubs if they want to. We would like to be all inclusive and ideally close to the beach, a sea view would also be amazing but not a necessity.

If anybody has any ideas I would be really really grateful.

Thanks

Kerry

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,434 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

Here's some info to help your review of Port de Pollenca possibilities that are a best-fit for your requirements -

Firstly PP is great for apartments but has a lesser amount of hotel options.

Getting a place close to the beach is not an issue as most suitable places are less than 5 mins walk away, however all inclusive would be a big constraint (PP doesn't often do AI and the places that do it wouldn't be on my suggestions list for various reasons). Also PP is great for eating out with children, lots of options and some very reasonable value places if you look carefully).

My suggested list for you to consider is - Valentin Puerto Azul, Flora, Villa Concha, Playa Mar (this latter one would be a strong recommendation except that it is 15+ mins walk around the bay from the centre and the good beach area, lovely walk though).

You might be tempted by Club Del Sol, but IMO avoid as it is miles too far out from the centre, outside the resort ring-road & boundary.

Hope that helps a bit. Come back with more qns or via PM if you wish

Edited: 28 November 2011, 21:48
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

As KWUK said not a good choice of All Inclusive hotels.But for the ages in your party would have to be Playa Mar.I confirm it is quite a walk from resort centre.

If you truly want sea view rooms, right next to the beach,all inclusive,kids clubs then Alcudia Bay is best and Playa de Muro in particular.Iberostar is a good brand for all inclusive.Or look at the TA Hotel Reviews.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

For what it's worth, we have stayed at the Playa Mar the last 4 years. Personally, I would not do AI as the food is so good in PP, but they do AI there. As noted, it is about 20 mins walk into the centre of town - it's a beautiful walk.

Hotel has a lot for the kids, clubs day and night. It is a busy place in the summer.

4. Re: Small ish Family Friendly Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations