We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

which do you prefer and why?

We are considering booking one for an evening meal for our party of 9 in August (including one 15 month old).

There are a few of us that love fish and seafood and then a few others that are more meat eaters.

They both look lovely but which would you visit and why?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Restaurant Stay.

Both are good, but the Stay IMO has that something extra. Slightly better food, better service, slightly better overall experience (all IMO). Even though it's slightly more expensive, that's where we would choose to go. In each fortnight's holiday that we have had in PP, we will go to La Llonja once and Stay two or three times (one of those for an anniversary that comes up when we are usually there in Sept).

One negative for us of La Llonja (many positives) that is annoying when dining on their ground level terrace - cars repeatedly drive up the pier to where La Llonja is situated and then do three point turns, right by La Llomja, when they find they cannot get past the marina barrier.

Edited: 01 July 2012, 20:19
Huddersfield
Level Contributor
59 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

We are very recently back from PP and ate at both restaurants. They both offer high quality food but we thought Stay was better in every department. I am sure we paid 1 euro less on our bill too! I also work with someone who is just back from having a fantastic meal at Stay. If you go to La Llonja the mussels are very good....

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Never been to La Llonja yet but looks nice and will visit one day. However you cannot go wrong with Stay. A wide selection of Meats,Fish and Seafood all cooked and presented to a high standard. There is something for everyones taste on the Menu and to suit all appetites including kids. There is a snack menu with Burgers,Chicken wings,Bolognese and Sausage & Curry Ketchup or you can just order a starter portion of many dishes. So as to the question which & why I would reccommend Stay as we have never been let down in terms of food.service,ambience etc. Best to book a table a few days in advance if you want a party of 9 outside by the water. Should be nice in August. As said at start never been to La Llonja so can only advise on what i know. Sure it is a lovely place too and have read good reviews.

Decisions ????? :-)

Una

hampshire
Level Contributor
483 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Never eaten in LaLlonja as Stay draws us in

Went 2 nights running last week It is just superb in every way I have never ever anywhere found a better value , balanced menu than their menu of the day The wine is very good , you arent paying for water , coffee included home made chocs ! and a liquer ! Cant fault it

One day we will do LL keep looking but for the setting no comparison either

Edited: 04 July 2012, 08:19
Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Thank you everyone,

We've decided on Stay! Going to try and make a booking as we are going in a busy period and there are a few of us.

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
59 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Great decision! Enjoy your meal

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Hi ! I was given this link when I reserved an apartment in Puerto Pollensa. It points to various recommended restaurants in Puerto Pollensa, Pollensa, Cala San Vicente and Alcudia:

https://maps.google.es/maps/ms…

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

Thank you :-)

9. Re: Restaurant Stay or La Llonja...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca