We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

We booked to stay in the Daina apartments for 5 days from this Friday a couple of months ago. Despite this, upon emailing the hotel to confirm my reservation they have only this morning replied to inform me that the daina apartments and hotel close mid way through my stay so we have to move after 2 days to the Bahia.

We booked the apartments as we are travelling with a 6 month old so needed facilities to prepare and clean his bottles, and maybe cook him a bit of veg so I don't have to use pre-prepared food the whole time. I would have liked to be able to cook a couple of times too to save a bit of money but I won't be able to do that.

Am I going to be able to do this at the Bahia? I guess all I need is a kettle to boil water to make his milk and cold water sterilising bags. They have booked us in on a b&b basis so could ask them to cook me something for him on a morning?! I haven't taken a baby on holiday before so I'm worried I might miss something!!

I have looked

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

No facilities in the rooms at Hostal Bahia on Pine Walk.I think you have been fobbed off mainly because closing dates are a moveable feast depending on how busy they are.The seaview rooms at Bahia have lovely views and the location is idyllic but overall you booked a Self-Catering apartment and you didn't get one for all your holiday.That is poor.

Daina and Bahia are both owned by Hoposa who own other hotels in PP.So they are keeping you in their control.Tell them you must have an apartment for the last few days because of the baby and could they find you one in PP as an hotel room is not acceptable.Tell them you will accept a 1BR apartment in Apartments Pollensamar (which are managed by Bahia and also owned by Hoposa) or better still Club Illa d'Or.

Good luck.This does not reflect well on Hoposa.(I have already booked and paid to stay at their Hotel Uyal next April).

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Thanks for the info. I have emailed them with my concerns so I'll see what they come back with.

Do you happen to know what the parking is like at both Daina and Bahia? I have asked the hotel and got a very sketchy response saying they will discuss this with me when we check in...I don't want to end up paying a fortune to park!

Also, is the Illa D'or within walking distance of the main area of PP?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Parking for Daina not easy as it is as close to resort centre,ie Taxi rank roundabout, as it could be.Street parking on Carrer Formentor, the street on which Daina Apartments is (behind Hotel Daina), is meter pay during the day but free overnight. Might be better to park free a walk away from Daina-say outside Flora Apartments.This is what I did 2 weeks ago when I was staying very near Daina Apartments at Hotel Capri.

Free street parking only, near Bahia.Shouldn't be too difficult at this time of year although the streets are very narrow there.

Club Illa d'Or is nearly 20 minutes walk from resort centre.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Daina and Hostal Bahia are in very good locations in centre of resort; but parking immediately there is not realistic or possible (I've stayed close by those many times). You will get lots of free parking about 5 mins walk distant, away from the centre. Been to PP many times and never needed to pay so long as you will walk a few mins.

Those are good suggestions from WS. Club Illa D'Or is upmarket (hence his idea), much better than Daina, Pollensamar or Bahia, but is 20 mins (lovely) walk from resort centre so location not as good as Daina or Bahia. Pollensamar is half way between the two.

Another idea - though Hoposa wouldn't like it - first check with Hotel Miramar to see if any of their Maricel 1 BR apts are available for just those two days; and then negotiate with Hoposa to reduce your booking down to 3 days with them and book yourself into Maricel for final 2 days. Trixy to organise, and might cost a bit more though. Maricel are better than Daina and the Hostal Bahia proposal, and only 50 yds away, so easy relocation.

PS WS and I were overlapping our typing of these posts.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 15:58
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Does the Club Illa D'Or have the facilities we need and parking? Its possible that is closed too! I just hope there will be some places left open to eat!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

Very few places in PP have their own parking. You would be able to park easily and for free within 100 or so yds of Club Illa D'Or.

Never stayed in them, but they look very good when I've passed by and had a 'nosy' - and they were upgraded to a high spec just a few years ago. Only downside IMO is the 20 mins (lovely, if the weather is ok) walk into centre. Here's a link

hoposa.es/English/Hotels/Illa-Dor-Club-Apart…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

I have stayed at Club Illa d'Or but before the refurb.Good street parking nearby.And the 1BR apartments have a good kitted out kitchenette.They are also owned by Hoposa.Pollensamar Apartments are only 200 metres from Club Illa d'Or and not as lavish.

8. Re: Question for anyone familiar with the Bahia hotel....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations