We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with accommodation please in June

Lancashire
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
help with accommodation please in June

Never been to Puerto Pollensa before and would appreciate recommendations for accommodation for 4 adults and one 2 year old child. I have been looking on sites such as Holiday lettings, Home and Away etc but am getting confused. After reading up on this resort we would like to stay within walking distance of the Port but not at Sandy Beach as this seems too far to walk with 2 year old. Could anyone recommend a quiet two bedroom, two bathroom apartment within walking distance of the Port and which site they found it on with swimming pool on site. We plan to come for 10 nights either from 16th - 26 June or 2nd to 12th July. Prefer ground floor but don't mind if we have to go higher if it is a good apartment, would like the price range to be no higher than £850 for weekly price if possible. Thank you in advance.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with accommodation please in June

Firstly, PP is very strong on apartments, so (in theory) you will have lots of choice. However, many apts do not have a swimming pool and many would only have one bathroom for two bedrooms - so that will restrict choice a bit.

Not sure what you mean about "Sandy Beach", never heard that in relation to PP, perhaps you could send me a PM with link to whatever you've seen about "Sandy Beach" and I can understand better.

One quiet two bed apt, with two bathrooms, and shared swimming pool (in associated complex next door, with nice garden); ideal location in centre of resort (Immediately behind Hotel Miramar (who own and run these apts very well) is Maricel 2 complex (adjacent to Maricel 1 which has the pool). And in your price range, but Maricel 2 doesn't have ground floor, just 1st and 2nd.

From own experience, stayed in those several times, I can strongly recommend Maricel 2 (and 1)

Book direct via Hotel Miramar. Here's a weblink below, browse around a bit and you will also see Maricel 1 apts (mainly 1 bed apts, only 1 bathroom for the 2 bed apts)

miramarcollection.com/en/apartments-maricel2…

Edited: 30 December 2012, 17:41
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with accommodation please in June

And more -

Several times I've booked private apts direct with owner and IMO a very good source of info for that is

http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/

On the dropdown for location I suspect Pine Walk would be best for what you've stated, perhaps Central as well (just depends on exact location). And guess what - I've just spotted "Sandy Beach Area" (I call it south bay) on the dropdown; it's a good location (not to be ignored), fabulous & long sweeping beach, but can be 10 - 30 mins from centre dependent on exact location of accommodation.

Another complex that definitely ticks your boxes (and has ground floor apts) is Sangri La (Acron, Brite & Circe blocks). All privately owned, so can be differences; nice shared pool and gardens. Located about 13-15 mins walk from centre behind Pine Walk (a beautiful walk on footpath right by sea). Also Bellesreguard complex, quiet residential bit further than Sangri La 15-20 mins walk (depends on exact apt location).

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with accommodation please in June

You won't beat that info from KWUK.Utterly reliable. He knows.But £850 for a week for what you want could be a tall order if peak season.Good luck.Not many people are disappointed with Pto Pollensa.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with accommodation please in June

Thank you both for your advice, haven't had time to look over the holidays but will start searching after today. Found a site called rentalspuertopollensa.com, they seemed to be a bit cheaper around 900 euros for a week for your recommendations, Bellresguard and Sangrila, has anyone used this site, I will also check out Peurtopollensa.com. Apartments seem to be more expensive than Alvor in Portugal where we stayed two years ago and Naples USA last year but we would like to come to Puerto Pollensa this year. Thank you once again, any more suggestions welcome and happy new year to everyone on Trip Advisor, members have been a great help to me over the past few years arranging my holidays.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with accommodation please in June

Regarding cost - yes, PP does tend to be at a higher level of price than average for Mallorca; but certainly worth it IMO.

I'm aware of the other website you've mentioned, but never used it (I prefer to deal direct with owners) - a good thing is that it seems to include all properties on a map (very helpful as location is a key factor for most people). Comparing prices on a like-for-like basis is quite trixy as location and property quality / services / pools etc, no of bathrooms vs bedrooms all come into the equation.

6. Re: help with accommodation please in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations