We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycle hire and routes

England
Level Contributor
89 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cycle hire and routes

Am looking to hire bikes this Easter.

Most hire companies I have found seem to cater for club and serious bikers

I am looking more for a gentle amble along the coast road to Alcudia rather than a trip up Cap Formentor on a carbon fibre racing bike.

Could any one suggest info on local cycle routes and bike hire.

Thanks

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycle hire and routes

There is a bike hire shop / supermarket near Palms bar / Pollensa park for the not so serious cyclist . Enjoy your ride , I have done that one myself .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycle hire and routes

Lots of trundler bikes for hire in PP even from the pukka cycle hire shops. I don't recall the one kevin mentioned.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,521 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycle hire and routes

Here's a well regarded hire company that provides what you are seeking; located in centre of PP a couple of roads back from the front not far from The Square.

multi-hire.com/bike-hire-pollenca-mallorca.h…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycle hire and routes

Btw you need insurance for your bike hire.I was told last summer that there has been a significant increase in the theft of hired bikes in PP.Sign of the harsh times for Majorcan residents I suppose.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycle hire and routes

We hired bikes last summer through the Hotel Miramar they were delivered to the hotel for us i think they were from the bike shop down near Palms bar ,the bikes were good quality and the owner made sure they were the right height etc for my family.We biked to old town Pollensa and padlocked them up near the bottom of the Calvari steps did feel a little worried just in case they were gone when we climbed back down the steps but they were still there thank goodness.I would reccomend hiring bikes.

6. Re: Cycle hire and routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 07:17