We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Hi

I will be travelling to Palma in september for 5 days.

One of the destination I would like to visit is Pollenca/Port de Pollenca/Cala Sant Vicenc.

I've checked that I can take bus 340 from Palma to these 3 places.

However I am quite worried about the time interval for the bus at Cala Sant Vicenc.

Have anyone take bus to Cala Sant Vicenc before ? Is there any other way to get to Cala Sant Vicenc ?

Thank you for your advise.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

No other way except for taxi.There is an occasional non-timetabled boat trip but it is for day trippers not travellers. As the crow flies (across the sea cliffs!) it's only a couple of miles but by road it must be 5 or 6 and the bit from the main road to CSV is narrow and winding.

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

We have walked from CSV to PP and back - up over the hill (not too steep) at the back of the Siller area in PP. Not a difficult walk as long as you are reasonably mobile (quite a well worn path). I'm sure the tourist office will have a map showing you where to start.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 14:20
Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Balea…

This link has an explanation of where to start if you decided to try walking.

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Spain/Balea…

This link has an explanation of where to start if you decided to try walking.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

hi

my wife and i have cycled, bus, taxi to cala saint vinci cycling being the most adventuress, we have also had the bus there and then had taxi back to port pollencea ,,,,buses run from terminus to pollencea ,cala st vinci from port pollencea also taxis there is a root over the mountains if you decide to walk you start in the boquer region of port pollencea and if i rember correctly you pass in front of someones home and threw a small wrought iron gate its been a long time since we have done this walk but im sure you can Google it sorry couldn't help you any more hope you have a good time.

singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Thank you for the informations. I wonder of it will be dangerous for two ladies to walk.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Not dangerous at all if you are both reasonably fit.You will pass others doing the same popular walk over Boquer.The terrain is in the open.Take a bottle of water each and wear strong shoes or boots. Defo not sandals or flipflops and trainers only at a push.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Not dangerous, but hilly. I've done it once and wasn't particularly impressed (in contrast to the walk up Bouquer Valley from PP; that did impress and I've repeated it a few times over the years).

I'm here assuming you will be doing a daytrip from Palma. If that's the case, I think you will find plenty to do and see in both PP and Pollenca town that will fully ocupy your time; hence I would omit the visit to CSV especially with the transport constraints. Another option - taxi from PP to CSV would be about 12 euros, and about same from CSV to Pollenca.

singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

Thank you for the informations.

10. Re: Port de Pollenca to Cala Sant Vicenc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca