We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
477 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Hi,

Following on from our return from the Puerto Azul hotel yesterday I am already thinking of our next trip to PP! But the problem I have is that next year our youngest child (we have 3 children) will be over 2 - no longer counted as an infant and needing a bed as opposed to a cot.

I wondered if anyone knew of any hotels/apparthotels (that we could book on a half-board basis) that will accept 3 children? I know there are plenty of private appartments that we could book (we have previously stayed in two different ones in the Bellresguard complex) but I really want to be in a hotel where there will be other children for our older two to play with and I especially don't want to be self-catering! It just doesn't feel like a holiday when you still have to make your own meals and do the tidying up! Eating out every night would be a bit over our budget and is not really a relaxing experience when you can guarantee that at least one child will be overtired and grouchy! I loved the buffet meals at the Puerto Azul, it just made life really easy.

Can anyone help?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Duva would be your best bet but not as well located as Puerto Azul. Galeon have 2 BR suites B&B for 5 but it is probably too small a complex for you as not enough rooms for the kids to form a crowd.Restaurant adjacent.Good location. (Wiggo stays here so it has celebrity cachet),

Don't think of the Club places way out on the Alcudia road.Too far out.Too dependent on buses and taxis.

algra
Level Contributor
267 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Hi

hae a look at Las Velas

They were with TC last year but not sure if they are now

Apt had 2 twin bedded rooms and sofa bed ,large kitchen . sitting area

Other side of the Port but an easy 15 minute walk along the "prom" to the centre

Last year you could do half board at the pollensa park which is a 3 minute walk away.Tthere are 2 pools at Las Velas and some kids stuff and you can use the facillities at the PP - nice pool

Clean but dated apt . nice staff but reception has limited opening hours .

Couple of nearby restaurants that are good value

HTH

Al

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Thanks for the info, I will check your suggestions out.

I e-mailed the Villa Concha, because I stayed there (in 1993!) when I was 16, my sister was 13 and my brother was 9 - we, along with my mum and dad, all stayed in one room on that occasion. They said that they would allow the 2 year old to have a cot, so we could stay there. But still unclear as to whether 3 children in beds could stay in one apartment (but I don't see why not if we did all those years ago).

algra
Level Contributor
267 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Hi

Re reading my last post its not clear that I meant to say you can stay at Las Velas and have half board and use of facilites at Pollensa park

Al

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

I'd endorse the Las Velas too- been there in 2011 & 2012 and great apartments. We booked them independently in 2011 through Flexible Trips (part of Thomas Cook) and as a package through Monarch in 2012

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

Hi, stayed in P.P. in early may this year, 3 days in playa Mar and 5 in villa concha and have to say the rooms in the playa mar are a good size and the bedroom has plenty room for extra camp bed or cot only thing is it is a bit to far out for us as most of the places we go are at the other side of the resort but if you have young kids the playa mar is ideal if you don't plan walking into the town 2-3 times a day. We love the villa concha, in need of refresh ( happening over this winter) the entertainment is a lot more low key than the playa mar (which we prefer) but two new girls, Helen and Rebecca are very good and the hotel is in good location, close to beach ect. . My sons slept on the couch instead of the pull out beds so plenty of room for pull out bed or cot in the middle.

The Flora has had a makeover, stayed there with 2 big teenagers and was fine and good value as in great location

7. Re: Package holiday hotels/appartments for a family of 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca